Under the Mistletoe 🥰 🎅🏽

It was a cold day at U.A and classes were over and Momo, Tsuyu, Iida, Todoroki, Uraraka, and were enjoying hot cocoa made by yours truly.
   "Thanks Deku." I handed Uraraka her coffee and she took a sip.
   "Woah!!! These is really good!" She praised. I blushed and fiddled with my hair.
   "You really think so?" I asked.
   "I agree with Uraraka-San, I do believe you should serve these at our 1-A Christmas party before we leave to see our families." Yaoyorozu suggested. I blushed from embarrassment.
"All this praise is unnecessary, I mean, I just followed my mom's instructions so I didn't do much really!"
"Don't belittle yourself Midoriya, knowing instructions and knowing how to do them are two different things, bravo!" He started to clap for me and I was trying to get Iida and I noticed that Todoroki-Kun looked sadder than usual so I went over to him and gave him a peppermint stick.
   "You okay?"he sighed and I had the realization that maybe he does want to talk. I quickly apologized.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"
   "It's okay, The cocoa's... nice." He handed me an empty cup of cocoa and stood up.
   "Excuse me but I'll be going to my room." He looked so sad and I wanted to go after him but I just figured it was best to leave him alone.
    "Poor Todoroki-San, Christmas has always been hard for him." Said Momo.
   "What do you mean?" I questioned. Her eyes softened with remorse.
   "After his mom got admitted in that hospital, I don't all the details but from what I heard from his sister, winter is very hard for Todoroki, especially Christmas, cause it remind him of his mom." I stood there shocked and in total sympathy for him. I never knew that. I stood up and going to his dorm.
   "Deku, where you going?" Uraraka lazily said.
   "I'm going to see Todoroki." I explained.
   "Okay then, but when you're done, tell me that recipe you're mom has, this is to die for."  I smiled and quickly went on my way.

   "Todoroki?" I was now at his dorm and knocked on his door.
   "You may enter." I opened his door and saw Todoroki looking outside his window.
   "Are you okay, I heard from Yaoyorozu that Christmas time for you is hard." I sat besides him on his bed.
   "Sorry, I guess you can just call it a seasonal depression." I looked at him concerned.
   "That was a joke." I found myself dumbfounded.
   "Oh." I say out loud and Todoroki sighed and pulled on his face.
   "Can I tell you something?" He looked at me and I realized he was waiting for a reaction.
  "Yeah, yeah sure." I reassured him. He did another sigh.
   "I don't like you." I was at a loss for words.
   "Um okay? This is new, I thought we were cool now, I mean, we hang out every-"
   "And I know the reason why." He talked once more and I figured it was better to be quiet.
   "I don't like you because you remind me of everything I want. I want a mom who's here with me when I get home. I want want friends that aren't initially interested in me because of my money, or looks, or that scumbag is my father. I mean, you seem so nervous but for what? You have friends that love you for you and I envy that." My heart throbbed.
"Todoroki-kun..." he went onto explain his woes.
"You know I used to be happy around this time, jovial some would argue. My mom and I would decorate the house and she'd freeze the halls in our house and the my brothers and sister would skate and ice games and we did a competition in the court yard, but that wasn't the best part." The way, he gleamed, he looked so beautiful.
   "After dinners, or whenever I feel down, she would walk us up a secret staircase to the attic from the study and would show me her ice powers which seemed magical to me. The way she made little ice characters move and dance, they were as if they glowing. so clear and refractive where the light hit it making it colorful. And she would sing along with the ice. These memories would come and go with the snow." After hearing all this from Todoroki-kun made me feel really sad. I automatically gave him a hug and asked.
"Is this okay?" He slowly hugged back.
"Yeah, you're so warm..." We stayed like this for a while until a notification beeped on my phone. 'Lights' it said. Then I had a wonderful idea and excitedly got up.
"Todoroki-Kun, you just have to go to the light viewing party in town this evening!" He was a little hesitant.
"I don't know, a party sounds like a lot of people." I lightly slugged him.
"Come on Todoroki-Kun, it will be fun! We'll go out and shop for gifts for our friends and family, and see the lights, and do festive activities, it will be just perfect!" I grab his hands and get him up.
"Grab your winter coat and wallet, cause we are going out right now!"