chapter eleven

"MOM, STOP PULLING ME BY THE EAR. I CAN GO DOWNSTAIRS MYSELF IF YOU TOLD ME TO!"

she stopped pinching my ear once she has successfully dragged me all the way downstairs and shoved me into a chair.

"WERE YOU NOT PLANNING TO TELL ME, YOUR MOTHER?! JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT, I CARRIED YOU IN MY BODY FOR NINE MONTHS AND WENT THROUGH EXCRUCIATING PAIN JUST TO GET YOU OUT!"

"YOU'RE OVERREACTING!"

"THE MINUTE HE STARTED COURTING YOU, YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME."

after yelling a series of blah's, she had calmed down and then hugged me. yes, hug me all of a sudden. i, too, don't know what exactly goes on in this woman's head. but, she's my mom, and no matter how weird she is; i still love her. shudder.

"i've already prepared myself to enjoy jungkook's future children instead because i never expected someone to actually risk their life and court you." she told me, "when can your boy have dinner here?"

that just came out of my own mother's mouth. wow.

"it hasn't even been a week." i told her,

"invite him whenever! better yet, i should ask minho to take your boy here because you probably wouldn't do it."

-

"your mom wants me to go to your house?" hyunjin asked once he reached me,

"who told you?" i asked him,

"i asked you first."

"i don't know. who told you?"

he rolled his eyes, "minho told me that your mom's asking me to eat dinner some time."

i didn't respond and kept walking towards my locker. i'm not really in the mood to deal with hyunjin right now because i couldn't understand the lesson even when i tried watching lectures online, so I had to listen in class today. update, i still don't get it.

i'm feeling frustrated because my mom took my ear off last night, i still can't understand the lesson, and i didn't get enough sleep. not to mention that minho has been m.i.a. and with stray kids, completely abandoning me for a few days now.

also, hyunjin's still beside me and he's chuckling.

"what?" i spat,

he whispered, "let me remind you that whatever's going on between us is just a deal. i thought we agreed that you're not going to fall for me? now, you introduce me to your mom." he started laughing. "not so badass now, are we?"

i shut my locker harshly and started walking away. at this point, i don't even care if a lot of people are watching me. i felt pissed, sleepy, and stressed because i didn't want to be in this situation anyway.

he was still following me and calling out my name but i didn't look back. it was dismissal time anyway, so i kept walking until i reached the campus' exit. the only thing i'm thinking about right now is to head towards the other cafe i'm working in.

i still felt someone behind me. whoever it is, i don't care. ahether it be hyunjin, some of his friends, minho, or even a snatcher– i don't care.

i just want to head to work, finish whatever i need to finish there, and then head home.

i don't know how he reached me, but he spun me around rather harshly, so now i'm facing him. i pulled my arm right back.

before he could say anything, i spoke up. "it was jungkook who told my mom about you. just because a lot of girls eventually fall for you and swoon around you doesn't mean i will, too. especially now that i know you're just another asshole."