chapter twenty-five

"s-sure?" he said, then he gestured for me to walk inside his house and i did. "kkami's in my room, though. is it okay for you to enter my room?"

i looked at him confusingly, "aren't i supposed to be the one asking if it's okay for me to enter your room?"

"to be honest, i actually want you to stay over because it's late." he admitted, licking his lips after saying so. all i could do was just nod. him licking his lips as a habit will eventually drive me insane and i hate myself for noticing it every time.

we went to his room and kkami immediately ran up to me, so i picked him up and sat on hyunjin's desk chair in order to put kkami on my lap and stroke his hair.

"kkami, i'm your owner." hyunjin whined and i laughed,

i stood up to hand him kkami and once i did, he pulled my arm to make me sit beside him on the bed. we just sat in silence while petting kkami until he fell asleep on his lap.

"hyunjin?" i said and he hummed, "i actually have an answer to your question."

he looked at me and smiled, "it's okay even-"

"no, wait." i shushed him, "let me say this."

he nodded and i took that as my cue to start talking, "first, i want to apologize for not answering you a while ago. i really wanted to say something but my body just completely stopped functioning for some reason. i didn't expect you to ask me that question because i thought you and roxy already made up and figured you still like her-"

"i like you." he said, sternly. looking at me deep into my eyes as if he's trying to read my soul and if he doesn't stop, i might cry. "i don't know how, i don't know why but there's something about you that just made me do. i really like you, y/n. i'm willing to walk during the night even though it's terrifying, spend lunch time in the library, and eat at every diner as long as you're the one with me."

"hyunjin, here's the deal..."

"i care about you more than anything in the world." i smiled at him and placed my hand against his cheek, "i'll be yours as long as you'll be mine."

he smiled widely, to the point where i could barely see his eyes, and he placed kkami on the bed before hugging me. he broke the hug after a while but still left his hands wrapped around me, with our faces only inches apart. "you're mine and i'm yours. deal?"

i laughed and slightly nodded my head, "deal."

and that's when i finally realized that with him, we'll make the never-ending days become beautiful.

-

[a few weeks after y/n said yes, at the diner]

"so, why didn't you block my number or change yours?" he asked right after calming down from laughing too much. you see, while we were talking a while ago, i accidentally spilled some of my milkshake on myself. he laughed like a maniac when i did because he said he couldn't believe i could look so funny surprised. i couldn't help but smile at the sight of him laughing even though he was laughing at me. although i did throw a rolled up tissue at him for doing so and it almost went inside his mouth.

"if i blocked you, you could just easily change yours and text me once again and i didn't change mine because the number i currently have is the number jungkook gave to his company and friends." i explained while swirling my straw,

"have they called, though?" he asked, "if they do, please don't go!"

i laughed at him, "it's not like i'm going to be a trainee and leave! jungkook gave my number just in case they need an extra help in writing a song."

"so, you're not leaving?" he asked and i shook my head, then he hugged me and kissed my cheeks multiple times. yes, he's sitting right beside me because this boy is all about skinship and he becomes all sulky when he isn't able to, at least, feel my shoulder against his. "hey, stop it! we're in public."

"i don't see anybody."

"what do you call the waitress, then?"

he groaned, "fine. but you should sleep over my place."

"what if i don't want to?"

"then i'll sleep over yours."

this time, i groaned. "my room's going to smell like you and jungkook if you do."

"oh, he's coming back?"

"yeah, in a couple days from now."

"the more reason i should stay over yours. i, for sure, wouldn't be able to sleep beside you while he's here." he pouted, "jungkook should get a girlfriend already and cuddle her instead."

i chuckled and caressed hyunjin's cheek. he could be a total baby at times and, even though i'm still getting used to it, i do my best to return the affection he gives me and initiate the skinship. i hold his hand, poke or caress his cheek, stroke his hair, and give him a kiss (when i feel a bit confident) to show him i love him.
"y/n"

"yes?"

"you're so pretty."

"you need glasses."

"no, i don't!"

i laughed at him, "you're prettier than me!"

"how is that even possible?"

"have you forgotten what you look like? you can become a model, an idol, or an actor."

"no thanks, i'd rather be your boyfriend."

"why?"

"i love you!"

"i love you, too."

suddenly, my phone rang and it showed that minho is calling. i answered it and set it on loudspeaker in order for hyunjin to hear it, too.

"are you with hyunjin?"

"yes." hyunjin and i said simultaneously,

"good. i'm guessing you're already letting him hear this, so- YOU TWO GO HOME RIGHT NOW BECAUSE MAMA L/N KEEPS CALLING AND ASKING ME WHERE THE HELL YOU TWO ARE. goodnight, see you two on monday or tomorrow, who knows."

"let's go, baby." hyunjin said and stood up before me, holding a hand out for me to take. i smiled at him and took his hand, "you're cute."

"i try my best, baby."

"if you call me that one more time-"

"baby, be quiet."

i playfully glared at him and he kissed my forehead, "love you, baby."

and, i swear, i mean it when i tell you that i've fallen hard for this guy. the past y/n lied by saying "watch me not fall for hyunjin" because look at where we are now.

"love you, too."