chapter one

unknown number
roxy, why are you ignoring me?

"that's the fifth time this day and school hasn't even started." minho muttered with a scowl. if i didn't know him, i'd probably think he's about to punch me with the look on his face. "if only you didn't have important contacts in your phone, i would've thrown it far away only if it meant you never get texts from whoever that is anymore."

"so true."

he huffed and rolled his eyes, "mute your phone."

"no, thanks." i shook my head before speaking up again, "you know what happened to my other phone the last time i did that."

"you lost your phone that day because you're a dimwit. mute your phone and give it to me."

this time, i was the one who rolled my eyes. "you're an asshole, minho."

"i know, but you love me." he said as he watched me mute my phone, turn it off, and hand it over to him.

i sighed dramatically, "i know."

my attention was diverted from minho to a bunch of girls and boys who ran towards the campus door while screaming and holding a bunch of stuff. i looked at minho and he's already looking at his watch before i could even ask for the time, "it's 7:07"

the screaming heightened as the doors opened. the ground even started to lightly shake as some of them started jumping. "STRAY KIDS, WE LOVE YOU!"

this happens everyday and i honestly don't get it. at exactly 7:07 in the morning, that's when they arrive at school and that's also when some people start to go crazy.

this morning ritual wasn't as crazy during the first few years i went here and when some of the guys started to walk in with a girl hand in hand before. but, now, it's louder than ever and i can't wait tor the next school year for this madness to end.

"that banner?" minho cringed, pointing at the girl jumping up and down while holding up a pink cartolina that has I LOVE YOU SKZ written on it with blue glitter. "goodluck to those who'll get sprinkled with that."

i shuddered at the thought of glitters. "let's just head to the classroom already."

minho and i walked our way to the classroom of our first class. as expected, no one else was here so we get to choose where we sit.

"you go first, babe." minho said and motioned his arms as if to say this way, please. i went ahead and walked to the very back, sitting on the chair near the window. "thank you, babe."

minho sat next to me and, as if on cue, other students have started entering the room.

"DID YOU SEE HYUNJIN'S HAIR?"

"DUH! IT'S SO EYE-CATCHING."

"IT'S SO PRETTY!"

"HE HAS PRETTIER HAIR THAN ME."

"A PRETTIER FACE, TOO."

"YAH!"

"did you see hyunjin's hair? it's so pretty!" minho mocked, his tone high-pitched. he quickly snapped out of his act, suddenly groaned and rolled his eyes. "they keep talking about this hyunjin boy as if he's the only member of the group."

"he's pretty attractive, but so are the rest of them." i said, earning a nod from Minho.

"i bet if i joined their group, i'd be everyone's favorite."