Chapter 52.

"okay i have an idea" Jade told him. they were currently sitting on a circular bench in the middle of a mall (a/n: please tell me y'all have benches in malls too so i don't look stupid)  

"what is it?"  Wooyoung said. they were sipping bubble tea, tired from playing hide and seek.

"okay i saw this on tiktok the other day. we should come up with five topics, split up and buy each other stuff according to topics" she said and chewed on boba.

"wait- that's so cool oh my god" Wooyoung said and sat cross legged in front of Jade. 

"okay we should write the topics down" Jade said and whipped her phone out. Wooyoung did too.

"first topic should be food" he suggested. Jade nodded and they wrote it down.

"second should be yellow" Jade said, knowing it's Wooyoung's favorite color. Wooyoung's eyes lit up before he quickly typed it in notes. Jade smiled.

"third one hmm it could be something unexpected/random" she said. Wooyoung giggled, ideas coming in his head. he nodded and they both noted it.

"fourth one must be something you think they'll like" Wooyoung said. 

"totally" Jade said and sipped on her tea

"what should last one be?" she asked. Wooyoung snickered.

"something useless" he said and started shaking his hands again from excitement. Jade giggled, ideas flooding her head.

"oh and we have 10 minutes to spice it up a little" Jade added and wrote the final topic down. 

"let's finish boba and start" Wooyoung giggled.

"stop being so cute" Jade said casually, making him choke on his bubble tea and start coughing.

"are you okay?" she asked and patted his back. Wooyoung looked up at her with red face and nodded, wiping his mouth.

"stop saying stuff like that" he mumbled

"stuff like what?" Jade tilted her head and looked at him innocently. Wooyoung groaned, clutching his heart.

"you know exactly what i mean. stop acting innocent" he said and sipped on his tea.

"you're confusing me, woo" she ruffled his hair. Wooyoung almost choked again.

"SEE?" he said a bit too loudly, startling Jade. "you're doing it on purpose, aren't you?"

"doing what?"

"cute stuff to make me like you more" he mumbled and blushed. Jade grinned, her cheeks turning pink. 

"well, i'm afraid i won't be stopping anytime soon" she said and suddenly neared his face, making Wooyoung gasp. Jade smiled, making her eyes turn into crescents and pecked his nose. Wooyoung stared at her with wide eyes. Jade retreated and went back to drinking like nothing happened.

"i'm gonna die like this one day" he muttered and shook his head. he glanced at Jade and immediately regretted it. she was sipping on her bubble tea cutely, munching on boba here and there. she was too cute for his liking. 

he slapped his palm over his eyes and forced himself to look back at his tea.

they finished drinking in 3 minutes, threw the trash out and split up, looking for gifts. Wooyoung decided to go with the order.

first he entered the market and started walking towards the snack section. he remembered Jade saying she would sell her soul for some nice s'mores oreos. Wooyoung thought he was was gonna look for it, but he didn't need to, since it was in the first shelf of the aisle he just entered.