Chapter 7

"I'm sorry, Hyunjin. I had an alarm set but someone took my phone and they didn't wake me until six.." Y/N tried to apologise, but it didn't seem like Hyunjin was particularly interested in apologies. He just pointed behind him and looked the girl up and down. "Best get over there and get ready to begin, hadn't you?"

The woman nodded, looking up at him once more before moving past him to the middle of the training room. Hyunjin approached and, taking his stance, provoked the girl to charge at him. Of course, she hadn't needed to fight before, she only really knew what she saw in movies. Y/N thought that it was best to just do what he wanted though, that way he would know what to train her on and the best way to go about it.

Pushing off her right foot, Y/N ran towards Hyunjin and, forming a fist, swung her arm in his direction. He swiftly ducked under it, pushing himself back up quickly and turning to catch her arm from behind. The blonde male stuck his foot out, sweeping it under the girl, and tripping her to the floor. "Too slow." He muttered, pulling her back up to her feet. Y/N had barely processed what had happened by the time she was pulled onto her feet. Hyunjin was fast, and smooth, and it caused her to worry that she would never be able to fight like that.

"When going for a punch, expect the enemy to duck. If they succeed in dodging your swing, make sure you turn before they manage to push themselves back to their feet. That way, you still have the upper hand." Hyunjin explained, stepping back and demonstrating what he meant. He started by showing a punch, before he continued talking. "Now say they dodge by going under, like I did." He used his free arm to show the direction the enemy would go. "They would need a few seconds to push up and turn on you, but you are still standing. As soon as you see them go down, allow your arm to flow over them, but turn around before they get past your body." He tapped his side, hinting that it was when they reach the side was the time to start turning. "It is easier to push off your opposite foot to what arm you were throwing the punch with, that way if they do manage to get up before you turn, your arm will still be in the air and could strike them before they can grab it." Hyunjin pushed off his foot and turned, before glancing over to Y/N to make sure she was listening.

Y/N was taking everything he was saying in, analysing what he was doing. She was determined to show that she wasn't all bad at times. "Okay, I understand. That doesn't seem too complicated." She nodded, the determination showing in her face for a split second. Hyunjin motioned to the empty space in front of him, where she would be able to practice what he had just shown her.

Y/N took the stance, pushed off, and did what Hyunjin had told her to. Swinging with her right arm, Hyunjin ducked under it, but she pushed off with her left foot to turn around. However, she was just a little too slow still, and Hyunjin was already standing by the time she had turned. "Faster, right?" She asked. The male simply nodded, his eyes trailing down to her feet. "You need to be sure you are not giving the chance for your feet to settle in the one position. As soon as that left foot hits the ground, be prepared for it to need to push off again."

After showing her once more, Hyunjin decided to see if she had actually taken it in and motioned for her to try the technique on him. Y/N did so, swinging her right arm again and turning around as soon as her left foot hit the floor and Hyunjin had ducked under her arm. She managed to finish turning just as Hyunjin stood up, and he actually looked impressed. "Not bad." He mumbled, chewing the inside of his cheek as he stepped forwards towards her. "Alright, moving on..."

It was about an hour later, Y/N had learned quite a bit already. Luckily she was quite the fast learner, so was able to pick up a lot of defence tactics as well as combat tactics. When practicing with Hyunjin the newest defence tactic she had learned, she ended up positioning her arms wrong and Hyunjin accidentally struck her chin with his fist. "Ah!" She yelped in pain, her left hand instantly recoiling to hold her chin.

"Be careful not to hold your hands too low next time." Hyunjin stated, before stepping forward and moving her hand from her chin to check where he had hit it. After all, he genuinely didn't mean to hit her, especially not as hard as he did. "You might want to see if Seungmin has any ice packs. Training is over for today, we can continue tomorrow. You did well, for your first time fighting."

"Thank you." Y/N let a small smile spread across her lips, satisfied that she had earned a compliment. It may have only been small, but it was still refreshing to hear. "I won't be late tomorrow, I promise." She waved goodbye to Hyunjin before exiting the training room. Her joints were aching, and her muscles were throbbing, but her chin was aching the most out of her whole body. Hyunjin had a really strong punch behind him. Walking down the hall, Y/N soon found the door Seungmin had mentioned the night before where he kept medicine.

The woman knocked on the door before entering, her head peering around the door to see Seungmin arranging the cupboards. "Minnie?" She called into the room, causing the brown haired male to turn her way. "Ah, hello Y/N! How was training?" He turned back to the cupboard as he spoke, finishing up filling it with bottles and closing it, turning a key in the lock and locking it shut. "It was good, I learned quite a bit I think. But Hyunjin accidentally landed a punch on me. He said I should see if you have any ice packs." Y/N was in pain with her chin, but she didn't usually like to bother people if she was injured. She was only doing it because Hyunjin had told her to, and he probably knew that she would get bruising if she didn't have an ice pack.

"Ah, of course. He's a strong hitter, isn't he?" The male chuckled, before heading towards a freezer and pulling an ice pack out of it. Seungmin wrapped the ice pack in a thick towel, thick enough so that the skin would be protected from freeze burns but not too thick so that there wouldn't be any effect, before walking to the door to give the wrapped ice pack to Y/N. Y/N nodded slightly, placing the ice pack to her chin. The coolness instantly helped to relieve the pain, and actually helped her cool down after the hour of training in a stuffy room. Her clothes were still drenched with her sweat, but at least she was feeling cooler now she was out of the room and had the ice pack.

"Keep that on for around half an hour, or until the cool temperature disappears and the ice pack becomes warmer. That should reduce, or hopefully completely stop, any bruising from forming." The male stated, before suddenly remembering something. He clapped his hands once as he remembered, before blurting out what he wanted to say. "Oh, and Chan wants to see you. He says he has something for you, we also got you some new things for your room and clothes for you to wear. So be sure to change out of those when you can so they can be washed for tomorrow." Y/N thanked him before turning on her heel and walking out, closing the door behind her to allow Seungmin the privacy of rearranging his cupboards. She would return the ice pack when she is done with it.

Walking down the halls, Y/N could hear Lee Know and Han laughing in the games room, which she had seen on the way from Chan's office the day before when Hyunjin was taking her to meet everyone. It was nice to hear that they were all good friends with each other, and for a moment, because of the laughter, she forgot that they were mafia members. They had their serious moments, but they could laugh and joke like any normal people. Y/N stopped outside the games room for a moment to eavesdrop.

"Minho! Cheater!" Han laughed, before a louder laugh came from Minho. "I am not a cheater. Just better than you, Hannie!"

Y/N would have walked in and spoken to them for a bit, but she had to see what Chan had got for her. Plus, since he was the boss, she didn't want to keep him waiting. Maybe she could come back if they were still playing games. Continuing to walk, Y/N soon came across the door to Chan's office, and knocked on the door.

"Enter." Came the Australian accent from inside. Y/N opened the door, and stepped inside slowly. "Hey, Bang Chan. I heard you wanted to see me?"