Chapter 41

Everyone waiting in the car was becoming anxious. There was still no sign of Hyunjin. What if something bad had happened to him?

"Fuck this. I'm going in there-" Felix started, before getting grabbed and pulled back by Bang Chan.
"No, we wait. He'll make it."
"And what if he doesn't, Bang Chan?! He's not here! We should never have left him behind in the first place!" It was obvious Felix was worried about Hyunjin's whereabouts. Everyone was. Y/N pulled Hyunjin's jacket tighter around herself, staring at the floor of the car. This was all her fault. Because she was stupid, reckless, and wasn't thinking about her actions. If she had just listened to Hyunjin, had believed what he had said about Jimin, none of this would have happened.

Flinching as she felt an arm wrap around her, Y/N glanced up to meet Seungmin's eyes. He gave her a reassuring, comforting smile. Trying to make her feel better. But, even with his puppy eyes, Y/N couldn't feel better. Not after what happened to her, not after this long wait for Hyunjin to come out of the building. While Felix and Bang Chan continued to argue about going in the building, or waiting for Hyunjin to come out, Seungmin leaned in to Y/N's ear. "He'll be okay. Hyunjin is a good fighter."

Y/N wanted to believe it, she really did, but if it was true, why was he not here yet? Why had it been fifteen minutes and he still wasn't back? Seungmin only wanted to comfort her, and she could tell that. When Y/N didn't respond, Seungmin assumed that she was still traumatised. Rightly so, too. So, he removed his arm from around her shoulders and rubbed the back of her hand gently. "I'll make sure you're wounds are cleaned and healed." He mumbled quietly, before hearing Lee Know groan in pain.

The poor guy had been shot, and had still continued to fight for Y/N to get rescued. He needed rest now, he was actually the most important to get his wounds tended to when they got back. Seungmin would have a lot of people to take care of. Watching as Han tried to help Lee Know get comfortable under the circumstances, Changbin punched the chair in front of him out of frustration. This should have been a simple rescue mission, not one where they had injuries to deal with, and where they were now waiting for one of their own men. Not knowing if he was even still okay, or alive.

The door to the right of Y/N suddenly opened, and at first everyone thought it was Hyunjin, but it wasn't. It was one of RM's guards, one that had come out of the guiding. Was this the sign that Hyunjin was dead? No, surely not. He had to still be okay. Due to the shock of it not being Hyunjin, nobody had moved for a few moments, giving the attacker chance to pull out his gun and aim it into the car. Felix lunged forward, protecting Y/N and tackling the male to the floor just outside of the car. He moved his head to the side as the guard pointed the gun up at him, pulling the trigger. The bullet narrowly missed Felix's head, and he began raining punches down on the man.

However, there was an opening for the guard to attack. Felix had made the mistake of not protecting all of his body fully, due to his anger and frustration, and the right side of his gut was partly exposed. Open for attack. The gunman seemed to notice this, because as soon as Felix lifted his fist for another punch, the man swung his gun around and hit Felix in the gut, before shoving him off and flipping him to the floor. The gunman stood up, kicking Felix away from him, before kicking him in the side to knock him down again as he tried to stand up. Felix coughed, winded from the kick to his side, before he heard the gunman raise his gun and take the safety off again.

A gunshot went off, but it wasn't Felix's body that fell. The guard stumbled, turning around to face his shooter, raising his gun to the blonde who was walking his way. However, he soon fell to his knees, and the life drained from his body.

"Hyunjin..." Felix huffed, watching as Hyunjin approached. The tall blonde wiped some blood from his lip with the back of his hand, putting his gun away, before holding his hand out to help Felix up and back into the car.