[22]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2020Tena Ifiemi

####

*there's a song for the chapter... I might do this from now😬
It's that 'all I want for Christmas is you' song.

I don't even know the name🤦🏽

Anyways, all I want for Christmas is your votes and comments😊*

####

ШΞ GФТ HФMΞ ЯΞΛŁŁЏ  late and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was so tired, I'd started sleeping immediately we got into the Taxify.

Dad came outside and while Mom and Reya hugged him, I pretended to busy myself with getting some stuff out of the car. Dragging out a small bag, I finally walked to the porch.

"Good evening dad." I greeted.

"Good evening, Eji. How was school... and your mini holiday?" He asked the last bit, few seconds after, his eyes flicked to my mom and she looked away.

She didn't tell him?

"It was fine dad." I looked at him, but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking above my head when he spoke to me.

"That's good."

I knew for a fact that there was nobody behind me, so as usual, he just couldn't stand looking at me.

Mom asked me if I wanted to eat but I wasn't hungry. Mom suggested indomie since it was already very late but dad started talking about how it's bad to eat indomie in the night because it takes long to digest and that you might have to end up going through a surgery to get it out...yada yada yada...

Toast with hot chocolate was the next option so Mom and Reya went with that but I opted out. Maybe the plane food was too good. Not. Or I just didn't feel like eating.

My bed called me and I answered. It felt so good being in my room again.

My sanctuary.

I felt safe.

✴✴✴✴✴✴

I woke up by 1:45pm.

I don't know how that's possible, but it was. Mom and Dad had probably gone to work so it had to be only me and Reya in the house. I sighed. It might as well be just one of us in the house.

I remember my childhood with Reya and TJ. We were always laughing and playing with each other. TJ, being the only one among us three who could swim well at the time would go underwater whenever we were at the pool and grab our legs, saying he was a shark.

Me and Reya used to team up against TJ for the remote. It was a fight of Barbie against Lego Batman.

What happened?

You, Jiji. You happened.

I heard a knock at the door and frowned. Mom and dad shouldn't be in the house. It was just me and Reya.

Reya?

"Yeah? Come in." I called out and the door opened.

It was actually Reya.

She walked in and sat at my reading table. I sat up.

"Hey." She greeted with a small smile. I smiled politely back at her. "I need to talk to you."

"Okay." I said, dragging it to sound like a question.

I thought she was mad at me. I thought I had pissed her off at the hospital. And since when did Reya ever want to talk to me?