[29]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2021 Tena Ifiemi

####

sere - fireboy dml & dj spinall

ribs - lorde

####

ÐΛMłΛЛ ТФФК MΞ ТФ the basketball court.

I don't think I should say I was surprised, because when I'd asked him where he wanted us to go and he replied with, 'You'll see', I just waited to see; I didn't start guessing or anything.

"Someone told me that you're the king of basketball." I said as we crossed the court to sit on the bleachers.

Damian scoffed and then chuckled, "Did you hear that I'm the king of Football as well?" He boasted and I slapped his arm, purposely trying to make it hurt.

"Shut up and be modest jare! Stop feeling yourself."

"Ouch." He said. He didn't groan in pain or anything, he just simply said 'ouch' and I glared at him.

Were my slaps that weak though?

We sat at the highest row of seats where we would be quite secluded since the security men do patrol at night. Damian passed me his black hoodie to cover myself 'because its cold at night' according to him. It was when he pulled of the hoodie that I even noticed that instead of his day wear shirt, he was wearing a black T-shirt instead.

"Its also to prevent the security men from spotting us too." Damian said, narrowly answering the question I had in mind. I was previously wondering on the excessive use of black in his dressing today. "If they see us here, they could report to principal and we'd get into trouble."

I stared at him, "Damian...!" But he was quick to cover my mouth before I said anything else. He was so close to me, his body flushed against mine as he pressed his palm to my mouth. He was so close, I swear both our breaths had started to play pan-pan golo.

And then Damian pulled away while I blushed, staring at my palms in my laps.

"Do you want them to hear us?" He scolded but his voice was soft as he did making me wonder if 'scold' was the right verb to use. I shook my head.

"Is it not you that said that we won't get into any trouble?" I grumbled.

I'm not even sure if he heard me but the silence dragged on for a while after that. I used the time to take in this place and how it looked by this time of the night. The street lights were on and thankfully it wasn't the one with the shadow receptor, the one that'll light up whenever people passed by. If it was, we would have alerted security of our presence here by just walking past a light.

The night was cool and I was really grateful for Damian's hoodie. I just didn't want to wear it. I wasn't really cold and I was enjoying the cool night breeze anyway... Besides, I could use it to protect my legs from the mosquitoes. Living in this part of the world, you can't stay out at night oblivious of these pests except you're looking towards having malaria.

The light cast on the basketball court making it stand out from where we were sitting. I took a sneak peak at Damian and saw that he was looking at it as well. It made me smile, because sports is something that I've realized he likes so much. Without thinking I relaxed into Damian's body, resting my head on his shoulders, his body warmth and scent drawing me in. Immediately I rested my head though, I realized what I was doing and tried to jerk my head back up but Damian's arm had held me in place. I feared he might hear how violently my heart was beating in this moment.