[10]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

ł ШΛЛТ ТФ SΞΞ what happens when Ejiro picks dare.

What does he mean by that? What would happen if I ever pick dare. If, because I never will. Why would I pick dare when I could pick truth? Don't worry I've not gone mad just yet.

"Wasn't that fun!" Kadijah sang in my ear as everyone started to leave the classroom block. School was over and I'm ever so grateful. I need to lie down.

"I don't like the fact that there was the option of truth though. Next time it'll be spin the bottle. I'll save my coke bottle when I finish the drink then I'll keep it in my bag so that I'll always be prepared."

"Ehn?"

"Ha! Now I've got your attention." Kadi giggled.

No. No. No. No.

I'm not playing this stupid game again. I'm not having somebody of the unfortunate gender put their lips on mine!

"Do they always dare people to kiss each other?" I asked Kadi.

"No! Of course not! Kissing is for beginners."

####

It was when I wanted to take a bath that I realized that I had forgotten my keys in the classroom block. I was so frustrated. I had to go back or I'd have nothing to wear!

"Don't you have spare keys?" Nini asked, tying her towel in a knot on her chest.

"I didn't think something like this would happen! I just put all the keys on the key chain." I groaned. I must sound so stupid.

"Oya come. There's no point wasting time here." Ayo said putting her school uniform back on. "Let's go and get it."

"Oh Ayo, thank you so much!" I said and slipped on my shoes before following her out of the room.

"Its no problem."

We were about leaving the door when Ayoola stopped us. Yes, I've started calling her Ayoola in my head. My classmates have influenced me but not enough to say her name out loud without the title even if it is not to her face.

"Where are you going?" She asked hands on her hip, her k-leg looking more prominent.

"To the classroom block." I told her.

"And you decided to leave without permission. You girls want to get me into trouble shebi?"

"No ma, we're sorry ma." I realized that Ayomide would not bother herself answering any of this woman's questions, so to avoid trouble I surrendered myself to it. After all, it was Jiji who forgot her key in class.

"What do you want in the classroom block?" She asked. I was honestly getting tired of all these questions.

"I forgot my keys." I said and she narrowed her eyes at me till they looked like straight horizontal lines. You'd think we asked her for permission to go and dance in front of the admin block with only our underwear.

"Did Ayomide also forgot her keys?"

If I was polite enough to ignore that, Ayo wasn't.

"Forget." She said.

"What?"

"You mistakenly said forgot instead of forget. Its 'Did Ayomide-"

"Will you shut up and go to your bed now! Its siesta time. I would not have you loitering around the school for no good reason."