IV

trigger warning : none

~˚ - - ˚~

the faint orchestral music played as the pair danced flawlessly on the marble dance floor. her velvet red gown twirled enchantedly in the snow. dove looked up at the star lit sky, her red lips being dotted with perfectly shaped snowflakes. she found herself laughing with delight as she spun, all the sound was muffled by the snow falling around them except for the magical sounding music. the guy, his suit fit his body perfectly. the sleek black suit went perfectly with his red tie that matched her dress. "dove." she looked up to meet his eyes but his face seemed to be a blur, "dove!" she heard a faint yell. "see you next time." the boy had a voice that was weirdly familiar, he giggled slightly and bowed, "wait!" dove yelled, but he was already gone.

the dark haired girl groaned as she sunk farther into her pillow, trying to get back to the pleasant dream. "dovveee." she raised her hand to swat at the air around her. "ow!" cassie yelped as dove hit her arm. "what?!" dove asked as she sat up. "your gonna be late for work idiot." cassie sighed and quickly walked out of the room.

"wait, FUCK!" she yelled, "WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" she heard her mothers thick accent from the kitchen. she groaned as she dreadfully got out of her warm bed and hurried towards her closet. "crap crap." she mumbled as she quickly grabbed a pair of black leggings and a matching sweater.

she grabbed her mask and ran through the house, grabbing her keys from the counter. "bye mom, bye cas love you!" she yelled before shutting the door and rushing to her car. "i'm gonna be late." she started the car and drove to work, completely ignoring the cheery holiday music.

"you can do this man!" karl groaned as his friend alex, or quackity, sat in the passenger seat next to him, hyping him up. "i regret telling you about the candle girl." karl said, alex laughed. "come on! you have to ask for her number or at least her name." karl shook his head. "i don't even know if she's working today, she probably already forgot me it's been a week." alex groaned at his shy friend. "well at least take me to see her." "fine." alex cheered.

"woah she is pretty." karl nudged his friend. "be quiet!" he said quietly.

"isn't that the cute guy you were flirting with." cami asked, slightly pointing towards behind her. "hm?" dove turned around and saw him. it had been a whole week since she had even seen, let alone talk to the guy. she was disappointed to say the least since for some reason that's all that's been on her mind. "no way!" she whispered, her co-worker hit her arm lightly. "well i'll be damned." dove scoffed, "okay miss southern belle." she laughed. cami sighed, "shut up and go talk to him." she pushed dove slightly.

"hey! need any help?" dove asked, her smile hidden by her mask.

"i-"

"hi! i'm alex and this is my friend karl!"

she was a bit taken back by the confidence this dude had. "oh hi!"

"and you are?" alex asked hopefully, karl smacked his arm.

dove noticed and laughed, "i'm dove nice to meet you."

alex nodded and nudged karl, "ask for her number dude." he said under his breath. "what?" karl asked quietly. alex laughed and turned, walking towards a few candles to pretend to look at as he quite literally eavesdropped on this conversation.

"uh hi." he said nervously, dove giggled and smiled. "hi!" the two stood awkwardly for a second.

"ho-"

"do you want my number?" dove asked.

karls eyes widened. "i uh-"

"i'm sorry i overheard your friend and assumed-"

"no no id love your number i was just too nervous to ask." he said with a giggle.

doves dark eyes went wide, he was the one from her dream. "you okay dove?" he asked, she smiled at the way her name sounded like the feelings of the first snow fall of the year coming from him. "oh yeah i just remembered something, here's my number." she said as she took out a notepad from her apron and wrote her number. "anddd here.' she ripped off the piece of paper and handed it to him with a smile. "great! i'll text you." she nodded he flashed her a smile through his mask. "see you next time." he said.

"that was weird." she whispered to herself as she walked away, "that was really weird."

"so?" cami asked, "your just as bad as my sister cam." dove said with a laugh. "i don't care, tell me what happened!" cami said eagerly. "okay okay, he has my number now."  cami squealed. "you and cassie are seriously identical." "give me the details!" dove sighed with a laugh, "no, look at that shift over! bye cami!" she said as she grabbed her stuff and disregarded her apron.

"no way bro!" alex said as they got into the car. karl squealed. "i got her number!" alex clapped and cheered before bringing karl into a bro hug across the console. "yeahh!"

*** - *** - ****

hiii

karl?

yupp

dove?

yup!

dove changed *** - ***- **** to karl :))

sorry about blanking out earlier btw

i remembered something lol

can i ask what it was?

something about my dream

ooh what was it?

it was dumb,

i had a dream where you and me were

dancing in the snow and when you

giggled i realized it was you in my dream

you didnt see my face in your dream?

no the face was blurry but he giggled

and then i heard you and i was like wait

well

i guess you could call me the man of your dreams

LMAO OK MISTER FUNNY

dove changed karl :)) to man of my dreams

author speaks! ❄

fin a fucking lly i thought they were never gonna talk to each other fr but here we are. also that man of your dreams pun is totally something karl would say i don't take criticism for that sorry i don't wanna hear it.

go eat, drink water and take your meds. your gorgeous and vaild and need to tak care of your sexy self. ily mwah ty for being here.