I

trigger warning : none

- ˚~

"no problem, let me know if you have any more issues." dove said with a polite smile even though it couldn't be seen under her mask. she sighed quietly as she walked back to the counter. it was the last hour of her shift at bath and body works and their christmas candles and scents just got released. safe to say it was absolutely batshit crazy. "could you put these on the shelf?" cami her good friend and coworker said while handing dove two candles. she nodded and walked over to the shelf, placing the two candles neatly on the shelf. she stepped back and checked she put them in the right place before turning around. "oh." was all she said when she saw a guy about her age trying to juggle two different candles in his arm. she smiled and walked over to him. "you need a bag?"dove said, giggling slightly. karl looked up and his eyes went wide, she is really cute, he thought to himself. even with her face half covered by her mask he could see her dark brown eyes that were sightly gray and her bright smile. "um yes i do mam!" he said happily. and she giggled again, i just embarrassed myself oh my god, he thought to himself. "oh are you trying to do the buy 3 get 3 free deal?" dove said while handing the boy a bag. "yes i am." he said as he placed his candles in the bag. "can i make some recommendations or?" she asked hopefully, its been awhile since she got to share her christmas candle wisdom. "sure!" he said right away, an excuse to keep talking to the cute girl and a new candle. she nodded and walked to the shelf behind her, picking up under the chirstmas tree. "this one is one of my favorites." she handed him the candle and he took off the lid to smell it. its okay, he thought yet instead he said, "wow thats amazing, its one of my favorites to now!" she smiled happily, a lot of people didn't like the smell of the pine scented candle. "my other favorite is crushed candy cane." he smiled proudly, "i have that one in my santa approved box thing." she giggled and smiled, "okay well you can check out over there, have a good day!" she pointed to her friend and walked off, sending him a little wave and smile before she disappeared behind the shelfs.

dove walked over to front desk to check out since it was the end of her shift, "so did you get his number?" cami asked calmly, her head in the palm of her hand. dove scoffed at her friend and shook her head, "i don't know who your talking about." she took off her apron and pin. "oh please you and that cute brown haired boy, you helped him pick out candles and you were a giggling mess." she smiled at the thought of the boy but quickly wiped it off her face, "i saw that smile! tell me you got his number." cami said desperately, dove grabbed her phone and keys from behind the counter, "fine he might have been cute but i didn't get his number or anything." her friend groaned and dove laughed as she walked out of the store.

she shivered as she stepped into the cold weather, the sky covered in different shades of gray clouds. she walked to her car grateful for her mask and annoyed that she didn't bring a jacket.

across the other side of town karl was sitting in his chair talking to his stream. "and i looked at her and i was like, wow she's really cute." he giggled. his chat was trying to hunt down this girl he was talking about even with the very little information he gave on her. "and i smelled it, and i thought oh thats okay. its not great but its okay. but i said it was my new favorite too."

author speaks! ❄

i'm so excited for this christmas book you don't even know. i love christmas so much theres gonna be so many cute holiday scenes omg.

go eat some food, drink your water and take your meds for today, you need to take care of you and your body and please remember how important you are and ily. <3