XV

trigger warnings : food, theres a lil * at the start and end of trigger(s)

~˚ - - ˚~

the couple sat in the car, '4ever' by clairo playing as they drove. (4EVER like the title of my dream book thats on my page that is getting updated tomorrow? wow maybe you should read it 👍) dove hummed along to the catchy song. "so were going to subway right?" karl asked as he turned down the street. "yup i want a sandwich." he laughed and nodded.

"hey cassie." karl greeted the girl as she got in the car. she smiled and hugged her sister from behind the seat. "i'm freezing." cassie said as she buckled her seatbelt. "here i got you." dove said, leaning forward to turn up the heat. cassie laid her head back as the wave of heat flowed through the vents, (sometimes all i think about is yo-) "pog, thanks. where are we going?" dove turned the music down slightly so she could talk with her sister, "subway of course." cassie scoffed jokingly at her sisters words but nodded, excited non the less. not to mention all of them were starving and not in the mood for cooking.

"we're here!" karl said happily as he took the keys from the car. "yay!" dove tossed cassie one of the extra masks she kept in the car and grabbed hers. "i'm getting basically bread with veggies." dove said with a laugh. "whatever you wanna get." karl threw his arm around her as they walked into the store.

"i'll order, what do you want karl?" cassie asked, alreayd knowing her sister's normal order. karl told her what he wanted and she nodded before walking across the small shop to order. "can we just sleep for hours and hours when we get home? i'm so tired after filming yesterday and everything." karl laughed at the fact that dove referred to karls house as home and sat down next to dove, immediately wrapping his arms around her. "yeah, i think i'm coming down with a cold or something." she leaned into his touch. "ooh! an excuse to make soup!" she said happily. "wha-" she laughed. "uh i mean, oh no ill make some soup so you'll feel better."

dove began rambling about everything that had happened recently and how she felt. karl smiled at the girl, looking back to see cassie still waiting in line to order. "and that bitch who stole my rin-" "i love you." karl blurted, interrupting doves rant. dove turned to karl with wide eyes. oh god too soon, karl began internally panicking at the girls silence. "did yo-" "yeah i did." he sighed with a groan. dove laughed lightly and leaned her head on karl. "don't worry i love you too karl." he smiled, ignoring the blush on both the pairs face.

"did i walk into something? like karl being a simp or something?" cassie asked as she sat down, tossing the wrapped sandwiches across to the other side of the table. "something like that." dove said with a laugh as she took off her mask and started unwrapping her food.

*dove bit into her toasted sandwich* as cassie talked about how online school was. "hey do you remember when i said karl would be around more?" dove scoffed with a smile at her cocky sister. "its because i'm amazing and predicted the future." cassie said with a smile as karl laughed.

karl parked the car outside of doves house. "alright bye cas, i wont be home till tomorrow at least, i'm going to sleep." her sister laughed and dramatically sighed as she got out of the car. "you pretty much live there at this point." referring to karls house, "i wouldn't mind that." dove said jokingly. "i mean..." dove and karl laughed. "first you say you love me and now you're asking me to move in?" cassie gasped. "he said-" "get out." dove said with a straight face as cassie squealed and walked away excitedly waving to the couple.

dove laughed at her sister as they drove away. "she really likes you y'know." she said to karl. still looking at the gray road in front of them. "cassie's super cool, she's part of the reason we're together you know." she looked at him and tilted her head. "hm?" he laughed, "she posted a photo of you and i saw it, its one of the reasons i went back to the store. she smiled warmly, "yeah she's pretty cool." he laughed and nodded.

"we're gonna sleep for many hours don't bother us!" dove yelled as they got in the house, karl sighing as they escaped from the cold north carolina weather. his roommates responded  with groans, "it's okay i'm making soup tomorrow!" they cheered and dove laughed as they finally made it to karl's room. "wait let me-" karl threw one of his sweaters at her and she laughed, grabbing one of her many pairs she had of leggings at his house for when she spends the night.

dove yawned as she tucked her clothes in her bag and jumped on the bed next to the brunette boy who was scrolling on his phone. "okay goodnight." karl said as he pulled dove closer to him.

"goodnight karl, love you." dove mumbled as her eyes became heavy, slipping into a long well needed sleep. "goodnight dove." karl said with a smile. he placed a soft kiss on her cheek before relaxing and falling into sleep, holding the girl he loved close, snow falling outside the window that was covered in a thin layer of frost.

author speaks! ❅

ok im actually about to pass the fuck out but im gonna pull a dream a speedrun the epilogue and dove x reader and user6 x reader because i know i wont wanna do it during the week, fucking up my sleeping pattern because ily and i need to finish this damn book. sorry this chapter kinda sucks lol

pls for the love of god dont do what im doing, go to sleep if your tired, eat, drink water and take your meds if you need to. ily and ur valid <3