VIII

trigger warnings : none

❅ ~˚ - ❅ - ˚~ ❅

dove woke up in her warm bed, not wanting to get out because of the cold. "DOVE GET UP!" she groaned but rolled over and got out of her bed, "i'm coming, i'm coming." she said groggily.

dove walked into the living room with a smile at the sight of her mother sitting on the couch with her cup of steaming coffee in hand, looking at cassie open her gifts. "hi mommy." dove said as she kissed her mother's cheek. "morning dove." her mom said with a smile as dove sat down next to her, cuddling to her side.

"mom!" cassie said happily as she held up a new phone. dove laughed and clapped. "woo! go mom!" her mother laughed before giving cassie a side hug, careful not to get the steaming coffee near her.

"merry christmas cas!" dove said as cassie opened her gift from her. cassie gasped as she saw the new sapnap hoodie dove got her. (speaking of go check out my sapnap book!) cassie looked at dove. "thank you so much oh my god dove." she hugged dove. "go open the rest of the gift, you didn't even finish it!" dove pushed her sister back to the tree with a grin, "oh my god dove." she pulled out a dream merch hoodie. "i couldn't decide which you'd want more so i just got you both." dove shrugged holding back a smile. "the candle job really paying off!" cassie cheered as dove and her mother laughed.

"okay bye, i gotta go drop off my gifts. LOVE YOU BOTH!" dove yelled as she shut the door, struggling to hold the batch of hot brownies and bags of gifts. "okay one for cami." she mentally noted as she placed the gifts on the passenger seat before she started driving.

she knocked on the door. cami opened the door. "hello- oh dove!" she pulled dove into a hug with a bright smile. "whats up? oh, merry christmas!" she said, dove laughed and handed her the gift. "merry christmas cam." she smiled. "oh! thank you dove hold on. i have a gift for you too!" she reached to the table by the door and handed dove a small box. "thank you! bye babe, happy holidays. tell cas i said hi!" dove laughed and nodded as she walked back to her car.

after she dropped off her grandparents gifts at the door because of covid precautions she headed to karl's house, singing along to 'valerie' by amy winehouse on the way.

"merry christmas bubba!" dove said as karl opened the door. he smiled at her and dragged her into a tight hug. "oh careful!" she stepped back holding the brownies. "here." she handed him the small box and he opened it with a confused look. "oh! i love it!" he said with a bright smile while putting the ring on. "i thought because you only had a pinky ring it would do you good to get you another one." she smiled at him. "thank you." he kissed her cheek. "oh let me get you your gift then you can come in and stay over if you want." she nodded and he walked into his room quickly and grabbed her gift.

"can you open it for me, i'm still holding the brownies." she laughed. "oh of course here!" he said laughing with her before opening the box and revealing a sweater, more importantly one of his sweaters. "oh my god yes, one of your sweaters!" her eyes lit up. "i'm putting that on when i come inside." she beamed. "oh speaking of, come in." he stepped back.

"wait!" his roommate yelled. the pair stopped as dove was about to walk in. "what?" karl asked him. his roommate pointed to the top of the door where mistletoe hung. the pair looked at each other and dove smiled. "i mean, i wouldnt mind another christmas gift." she said, karl turned around and gently cupped her face before he connected their lips.

dove smiled into the kiss. he stepped back with a flustered face. "merry christmas." he said happily. she laughed and pointed down to the brownies she was still holding. "their still warm." his eyes lit up and she walked into the house. "i'm starving." she laughed and placed them on the counter.

"how do i look?" karl looked up as dove walked into the room wearing his sweater which was huge on her. he giggled, "adorable." she blushed and sat down next to him. he immediately brought her into his arms to cuddle.

they laid there, karl holding dove. he smiled as he inhaled her scent, the same one of the candle she recommended him the first day they met, the scent he had grown to love.

"wait." dove turned to meet karl's eyes. "hm?" she hummed. "did you call me bubba when i opened the door?" her face instantly became flushed. "uh yeah, do you not like it i can call you something else." she said quickly. "no i love it." he smiled warmly at her and hugged her tighter. she smiled and got comfortable in his arms, her head resting on his chest.

karl looked down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "merry christmas dove." he giggled slightly at the sound of her soft snores in response.

author speaks! ❅

i have just woken up from a 13 hour sleep, its 5 am anyways take this cute chapter ill end tis book at 15 chapters since it was meant to be done for christmas but i was too lazy to finish it when i was meant to.

go take care of yourself pls, like rn. go eat, drink water and take your meds. always remember you are loved and vaild and ily.