No being could be so powerful; so mighty. For balance was something Jupiterians believed in, a balance between good and evil, right and wrong— which is why no Jupiterian could create hydrogen without oxygen, why no Jupiterian could have more than one ability; apart from one percent of the population (and even then, they were limited).

       But it seemed like their idea of balance had served as inspiration to his; but he had it all wrong. His idea of balance was a belief of control of life and death, pain and glory. He thought of himself as a hero, but the only world Allura could think of to describe him was monster.

       She and James weren't monsters. They were victims. And that took her a while to understand.

       But now, as he stood so clear before them, could she understand what a real monster looked like.

       And his name is Thanos, destroyer of worlds.

       "That's him." Bruce spoke.

       "Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve spoke clearly, preparing his shield.

       Bruce headed to hit him, but was stopped and engulfed in blue. He went through Thanos and was then placed against a rock— well, through a rock that held him in place.

       One down.

       Steve did the same but was thrown back like a rag doll, crashing against the ground.

       Two down.

       Then T'Challa jumped, but was grabbed by the neck before being punched. The energy of his suit went haywire on impact, which caused him to stay down.

       Three down.

       Then it was Sam, who was effortlessly defeated.

       Four down.

       James and Allura ran at Thanos, their mind set on protecting Nadenka and Vision. They shot at him with their guns, naively believing that it would harm him.

       But not a scratch was made.

       They were pushed back by a stone, their only reflex being to not lose the other as they were surrounded by roots. For the first time in years, the two assets had been momentarily defeated by their adversary.

       Six down.

       Then Okoye was thrown back, after failing to hit Thanos with her spear.

       Seven down.

       Then Natasha was practically buried by roots as she was thrown back, held by the earth they were trying to save.

       Eight down.

       Then came Ezekyel, who stretched his hands and grabbed the roots covering Natasha before throwing them at Thanos.

       That made him flinch back a little...

       ... a little.

       The roots grew back and Ezekyel was hit by one of the stones, being held in the air before being thrown near Bruce.

       Nine down.

       Now, it was only Pietro and Wanda; who would now get to watch as the people they loved most, took their last breaths.

        Wanda and Vision were speaking, but with tears falling down from his eyes lo Pietro's blue eyes were focused on Nadenka.

       "N-No."