fourteen

"BRUCE GAVE HIM A SEDATIVE. He's gonna be out for the rest of the day." Rhodes spoke once he walked out of Tony's room.

       "You guys take care of him and I'll bring him a Xorrian elixir when I come back." Carol spoke, after being silent for the entire time.

      "Where are you going?" Steve asked.

       "To kill Thanos." Allura and Pietro looked at the woman in disbelief, watching her walk away. Nadenka placed her hands on the wheels of her chair and began to roll it, following after the very determined woman.

       "Hey. You know, we usually work as a team here and, between you and I, morale's a bit fragile." Natasha stopped her.

       "We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too." Steve spoke.

       "Do you even know where he is?" Allura asked, staying next to the team.

       "I know people who might."

       "Don't bother." The other alien, who Allura had learned her name was Nebula, interrupted them. "I can tell you where Thanos is." Nadenka and Pietro looked at each other before she put on her mask and he carefully lead her to them.

       "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same. To the garden." She leaned on the table, Rhodes rolling his eyes."

       "That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan." Allura looked at him briefly, sitting down in front of Thor who had food and beer in front of him. The two didn't even acknowledge each other, focused on the conversation going on in front of them.

       But, who knows?

       Maybe if they had conversed, even briefly, they'd find in each other the person who could understand them almost to perfection. They both shared the same losses, the same past and future responsibilities, the same feelings and issues...

       But they didn't converse.

       And they wouldn't, until years later.

       "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions." Rocket spoke. Now this, Allura paid her full attention to. It was something she could understand, and Allt knew she needed to understand anything about this mess. "No ones ever seen anything like it, except for-"

       "Jupiter. When the Great Red Spot was made." She spoke, catching their attention. "The formula was similar, nearing this proportions by nothing. If it had fully reached it, or surpassed it, Jupiter would've been destroyed years ago."

       Nadenka stared at her mamma with a confused face, wondering how the hell she understood every single word coming out of Rocket's mouth. She understood the basics of it, but could in no way make a proper comparison.

       "Exactly." Rocket nodded at Allura. "But two days ago it happened again." He moved the screen on the table with his finger, showing another planet. "On this planet."