twelve

JORDAN! JORDAN! ARE YOU HOM-" Lana's voice echoed in the house, her yellow eyes locking on Allura and the younger boy who was still eating his frozen hydrogen. The blonde by the door let out a small cry, rushing to the strawberry blonde and practically landing my top of her as she groaned.

She hugged her tightly, Allura returning the familiar embrace as Lana breathed heavily.

"Did you find anyone else?" Allura whispered, Lana breaking the hug and giving Jordan a soft kiss on the forehead.

"Yes."

As soon as she said that, seven people walked into the room, all people that Allura had fought with, and who had trusted her father through the good and the bad during the war.

They all had confused faces, their eyes landing on their former almost princess as she stood next to Lana. The two women looked sad, and while Allura knew what was going on, Lana had a small suspicion...

After all, she had heard about Thanos from Pearl when they first found the power stone. Gamora had also informed them of what her father wanted to do, and how he would do anything to reach a balance— or his idea of balance, at least.

"He did it, didn't he?" Lana asked, her voice coming out as a whisper as her yellow eyes widened, her posture going rigid. Allura looked at the ground slightly, noticing the other Jupiterian's eyes on her and Jordan's careful gaze.

For a brief moment, Allura became shocked at the fact that out of her entire planet, only the nine people in front of her remained, alive and well. She didn't know what was going on back in Jupiter, how the war had ended; if it even had. She didn't know if her people were still fighting or if the snap had straight out vanished them completely. Her mother, her friends, they were all out there and she was here.

And she would never be able to go back, no matter how much she wanted to. She was just human now.

The strawberry blonde nodded, coughing slightly and looking up at the others.

"Pearl?"

"Vanished."

Lana sighed and sat next to Jordan, placing her head on her hands as she tried to understand what was going on.

"He got the stones. He used them." She stated, Allura turning to her and nodding once more. That's when Lana raised her gaze and threw herself back in Allura's arms. But this time, it was different; it wasn't a hug of personal need for comfort...

It was to comfort Allura.

Because if Thanos had used the stones, that means that he had them all.

That meant...

"Nadenka?" Allura closed her eyes at the name, her eyes watering as she held onto Lana tighter at the mere thought of her little hope. Her beautiful girl who was back at the Avengers Compound. She was in critical condition, since the Jupiterian genetics were battling against the human ones.

"She's alive. Barely. But alive."

"Then what the hell are you doin-"

"Lana."

"-you should be with her, making sure she's alright. I-I have to make sure he-"

"Lana."

"-re everyone is-"

"Lana for Allt's sake!" Allura spoke firmly, stopping the girl's ranting. "I want to be there so bad." Her voice cracked at the end, Lana only staring at the girl. "But I had to see what happened here. James is gone. Ezekyel is gone." Allura's tears were now running down her face, her body trembling to avoid sobbing loudly.