twenty six

ALLURA WRAPPED THE SPAGHETTI AROUND HER FORK as she wrote down all of the details about the stones on her notebook. She was hearing the rest of the group talk, and she looked up briefly when Nadenka came in with chips she and Natasha were sharing.

       "Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." They all looked at the screen with the purple stone's picture. Nadenka smiled briefly, remembering when that had melted into her veins, and made her insanely powerful.

       She knew she was also pretty powerful now, of course. But she was also aware that she was wasn't the Power Stone anymore, and she never would be again.

       She could now contain crazy amounts of power and energy in her, thanks to the little bit of energy from the stone that remained inside of her. But she knew it would take a toll on her body, if she tried.

       So, she stuck to containing and controlling her abilities like she always did— like she had been trained to. She could fly now and explore different planets with only her body as a space ship; which she couldn't do before, and that was a win/win situation for her.

       "Is that a person?" Banner asked.

       "No. Morag's a planet. Quill was a person." Rocket corrected him.

       "Like a planet? Like in outer space?" Scott asked.

       "Yeah. That's usually how it works." Nadenka called with a chuckle, and Rocket approached Lang.

       "Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

       "Alright. Enough. We have other stones to discuss about." Allura interrupted, standing up and going over to wash her plate and her fork.

       Steve nodded at the strawberry blonde gratefully and Tony rolled his eyes. Pietro sat back amused and also stood up to clean his plate, Nadenka following after them and waving her hands delicately.

       As it normally did, the sapphire flowed from her hands, engulfing the dishes and beginning to wash them thoroughly.

       "Quality and quantity." She smirked at Rocket, who rolled his eyes and shook his head, not amused.

       "Doesn't make sense."

       "You petting Lang doesn't make sense either." She scoffed in return. Since everything was being washed, they were all able to return to the stones' display.

       "Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." Nebula spoke, pointing to the screen. Allura took a seat next to Natasha and watched as she wrote, her green eyes also going back to her own notebook. The two left handed girls kept making sure they had every detail written down, checking each other's points of view and analyzing them into their own note-taking.

       "What is Vormir?" Natasha asked, not looking up.

       "A dominion of death at the very center of celestial existence." Nebula paused, Allura and Natasha sharing uncomfortable glances.

       That sounds reassuring.

       "It's where Thanos murdered my sister." Now everyone was staring at Nebula with jaws dropped.

        "Not it." Scott muttered. Their eyes held fear— mostly of the unknown, but also of what they now knew.

       Allura didn't know what would happen if this mission went wrong. But she also didn't want to know what would happen if it didn't, and in consequence they lost one of their own.