Chapter 7

I have been  here for two days and everyone has been very nice to me. There were a few rules that were for our safety, but other than that, we can have fun. This place felt like home to me. I was talking to this group of people who were going to rescue academy when Firefrost came out agitated. She walked up to me and the group I was with.

“What’s wrong Firefrost?” the one named Wavelink asked. Firfrost was looking directly at me before she sighed.

“Optimus just asked me to help him look for Hotshot. He told me that everyone from the rescue was worried about him and they are now looking on Cybertron for him,” she told us as I groaned. I really did not want to go back there just yet. Not when I was finally getting better.

“What are you going to do?” Ultrastrike asked the bot as I felt panic sweep me up. What if she allows me to take me back? What if I am not allowed to come back? All of a sudden, Firefrost was in my line of sight, shaking me. I looked at her sadly as the sound around me came back to my audio receptors.

“Hotshot. Please, you need to stay calm. I am not going to let them into this area whatsoever. The limit that they will be allowed to go to is outside of the gate in Decepticon territory, no further. Do you hear me?” she informed me as I nodded my head. She gave me her hand as I grabbed it. She put me on her shoulder as we walked around, devising a plan on how to keep me hidden.

Timeskip brought to you by Firefrost’s POV

God, I hate my younger brother sometimes. I walked into my office to get ready to go out right after Hotshot and myself came up with a  plan. Optimus called me to come as my alter ego. After the war, everyone but Optimus agreed that it was best if I did not reveal myself as his sister. So, I began to use an alter ego to hide who I was, to stay hidden. I used cloaks and changed my vocal patterns to hid among the people. Hotshot figured out pretty quickly that I was them, as he is very observant. 

“Firefrost, what happens if they need help?” Hotshot asked right as I changed my vocal patterns to sound like a guy. I put up my hood and covered my face as I looked at him.

“Then I will cover it. If they split into two groups and the both of them need help, then I will send you to help the other group,” I told him. I walked out of the office and the fence of the orphanage before running into out to meet up with the others. I was glad that I knew the streets as I beat them to the place we were meeting up, which was the mall that I told Hotshot to meet me at. I got a few Energon candies to eat as I waited for the others. Once I saw Optimus with a group of other people, I walked up to them. “So, what does my idiotic brother need?”

“Over a week ago, one of our recruits went missing. Can you help us find him?” the bot called Heatwave told me. I have met a few of the rescue bots before, they just don’t realize they knew me. I nodded my head.

“Hotshot, right?” I asked them as everyone but Optimus looked at me in shock.

“How did you know?” Chase asked. 

“To put it simply, Optimus told me his name. Also, I know every orphan here on Cybertron as well as those who run away from home. I knew about Hotshot before he became a rescue bot recruit on Earth,” I told them. Ratchet and Bee smiled as we did our handshakes with each other. 

“Can you help us? Hotshot is very important to the academy,” Heatwave pressured. I looked at him with a hardened glare.

“Didn’t seem like it when I saw him last,” I told him as he took a step back. “He seemed ready to end his life. Of course, that was a couple of days ago, maybe no more than four days ago. I have not seen him since then.”

“Can you help us look for him?” Blades asked. I nodded my head as I turned around.

“Due to our size, we cannot do it together. It will seem to suspicious to the outside eye. There will be three groups,” I informed them as they shouted their complaints. I raised up my hand, shutting them up. “If you want to find Hotshot, listen to me. Rescue bots, Salvage, Hightide, Blurr, Quickshadow, you guys will be one group. My brother, Ratchet, and Bee’s team and anyone else that is not a rescue bot are going to be the second group. I will be taking the recruits myself to look in an area that the people with me can enter safely. The only place that Hotshot wouldn’t be at is my orphanage, as he does not have a code to enter yet an I have not let him in yet. Does everyone understand so far?”

“Why can’t I go with you?” Optimus asked as I turned to give him a look. At that, he backed off as I nodded my head.

“Once we are done looking the planet, we will meet back here, unless one group finds him. Okay recruits, come with me,” I stated as I walked off. The other recruits followed me in pursuit of their goal. “Okay recruits, here ar my rules. We are going into Decepticon territory, so no matter what you do, you must stay near me. Second ruled, do not call me sir. I hate it and it does not suit me one bit. Third, you must listen to whatever I say, as it could save your life. Fourth rule, no question is stupid, so ask away.”

“What is it like being Optimus Prime’s brother? Is he annoying or very fun? Why does no one truely know who you are?” Whirl fired. I chuckled as she gave me a smile.

“You are enthusiastic, young one. It is weird being Optimus’s brother, but we do have a great relationship. We were closer prior to the great war, before he became Optimus Prime. He can be kind’ve annoying, as he is very oblivious and very innocent, despite what he has been through,” I answered Whirl’s questions as we entered the territory of the Decepticons. I kept an optic and audio receptor out as a precaution. “To answer your last question, it was agreed upon all of the Autobots and Decepticons from the war that my identity would remain hidden. It was to protect myself and everyone that knew me. I could reveal myself anytime now as there is no threat against me, but I guess that it is now just a preference to keep myself hidden.”

“Why do you run an orphanage? You could be a part of something like the elite guard,” Wedge asked.

“I am apart of the elite guard. But as my true self, not like this. This is an alter ego, one that helps take care of the young ones on the streets. I chose to open the orphanage to help those without parents or those who ran away to save their lifes,” I told them. I could feel how scared they were as they got closer to me. “Don’t worry young ones. I chose you guys to come with me for certain reasons. And another part to your question wedge, my carrier and sire, or parents, were very abusive and willing to sell both of my brothers to the mines, in a sense, slavery. I protected Optimus and myself from any further abuse, I ran away with him.”

“I have a question about Hotshot. If you knew about him, why didn’t he come with you?” Medix asked.

“A good question, Medix. There are some orphans that choose to remain on the streets. I offered it to Hotshot, but he chose to remain out on the streets,” I told them as the air grew quiet and tense. I stopped and listened. It was too quiet for this area, there was no sounds from Decepticons fighting. “Be on your guard.”

“Why?” Hoist asked, obviously scared. I did not answer him. I was focused on making sure that the recruits were safe. I commed Optimus  and the others to check up on them.

“Hey guys. Are you guys detecting Deception activity anywhere near you?” I asked as I leaned against a wall with the Recruits doin the same. The rescue bots said they found none

“None. Why do you ask?” Ratchet asked me. I peered around the corner to see no one. I walked into the alley.

“Because the recruits and myself are in the area where the Decepticons love to hang and there is no one here. Be on your guard. They can be anywhere,” I informed them before signing off. I noticed a note on the wall. I took it off and read what was on it. I read it multiple times to make sure that I was reading it correctly. I commed everyone again. “Scratch that. Meet us at our meeting spot immediately. What I just found could not only put us in danger, but Hotshot and the possibility of another war.”

“Will do. See you soon,” Bee commed, as they signed off. I began to fast walk to the mall with the recruits following in close pursuit.

“What did the note say?” Whirl asked. I gave it to her as we listened to her gasp. She passed it to the others as they gasped as well.

“If this is not taken seriously, we might have another Civil War on our hand. Things like this should never taken lightly,” I told them as Hoist gave me the note. I read over the words once again. ‘Bring us Hotshot and you can keep your pathetic world.’

A/N: I have no idea where I am taking this.  Also, I need three names for Cybertronians, specifically for Decepticons. I will be using the best later in the book. And now you know who Optimus' sibling is.

Peace Out Peeps!