Chapter 19

Heatwave's POV

It has been three days since I have last talked to Hotshot and now all of the adults including myself are sitting at a table in a room at the orphanage. Firefrost called the meeting to share some new information about who is trying take Hotshot. We were all there, but no one spoke a word. Everyone, but Firefrost, Bee, Ratchet, and Optimus were confused and worried, while the other four looked stressed out and worried. I did not want to break the silence, but what is exactly is going on.

"So, I can now guarantee who is after Hotshot," Firefrost mentioned, finally breaking the long silence we have been. She leaned back, as she sighed a shaky sigh. Something must of happened to tip her to this state. "But, we now have the added stress of what they will to him."

"What do you mean?" Blades asked. The tension and worry in the air only increased with what she said.

"Blades, they took Ultrastrike, one of Hotshot's friends here. The reason we know this is because those who took them left a video, demanding we trade them Hotshot, alive and unharmed," Bee stated. So Firefrost told them. We all looked to Firefrost, hoping it was not true. But she just sighed and looked at the table, confirming this was true.

"The three that murdered his parents, they are the ones who are after him. I'm guessing they were after him back then and they probably have the same reason to go after him now that they are free," she stated sadly. We fell into another silence, as the reality hit everyone. What are the lengths that they would go to just to get Hotshot? "Personally, I think they need Hotshot to get into a place that they, themselves can't access. And since they are going to the lengths to kidnap those around him, since we are not phased by the dead cybertronian, I'm taking a shot in the dark that whatever they are trying to get into is not open for very much longer. I have my theories on what it could be, but, right now I can't say what it is."

"So how are we going to rescue the orphan? We are not going to bargain with Hotshot, but we need to get the orphan back," Boulder exclaims, worried. The orphans seemed to like him, so he seems to be worried about them.

"I will get Ultrastrike back. But at the moment, I need to warn the orphans outside of the orphanage not to come here, that the deal that I have with the decepticons will not protect them at this point in time. It's a hostage situation, and no matter the experiences you guys have, you will not survive those three and the decepticons that they have in their control," Firefrost states. I looked at her mad.

"What make you say we can't help you?" I yelled at her angrily. Chase, Boulder and Blades seemed to agree with me as she raised an eye.

"Heatwave, not even I'm willing to risk going into that situation to rescue them, and I fought in fragging war. You barely experienced the war back then, let alone decepticons, and you are saying you could take on the most dangerous decepticons of modern time?" Bee states calmly, but evidently giving me a hard glare. I sat back down. "The only person that I trust taking them down is Firefrost, considering she is one of the most feared cybertronians in the entire galaxy."

"What do you mean most feared, Bee?" Chase asked as Ratchet, Optimus, and Bee raised an eye.

"Because I am the only one thus far that does not identifies as an Autobot or Decepticon since the golden age before the great war where there were no sides," she responds, getting up. "Now if you excuse me, I need to get ready for what I am about to do."

"Good luck," Bee states as she leaves the room. Everyone was looking at him for answers.

"I know you guys don't think Firefrost is that scary, but she is the most capable out of all us. She not only fought her parents multiple times in different scenarios, killing them with her bare hands in the end, not many can fight her on equal grounds, in a physical fight or in a logical debate. Firefrost is the reason where we are is the safest place, she does not take risks, and she is pretty good at figuring things out," Ratchet states. We sat in silence as the weight of the situation fell upon us. They are going to extreme lengths to just get Hotshot. But why him. After about a good solid thirty minutes, footstelp were heard as everyone turned to the door to see the other orphans, the recruits, and Hotshot run in. I think Firefrost told them to go meet up with us, but they knew something was not right, so they were pretty calm and quiet. The adults ended up on the ground, playing around with several of the children. I played with Hotshot, some of the friends he made here at the orphanage and Wedge. They were playing a logic game as I watched the game to make sure it was fair. The other teachers at the academy looked at me with knowing looks as I rolled my eyes as I look at Hotshot who was sitting right next to me. He was leaning into me as he played the game with the others.

"So what is Firefrost's situation? And why did she build an orphanage here in Decepticon territory?" Wedge asked the other children who were playing.

"Well for starters, I will not be explaining everything, but to my knowledge of what I can share, Firefrost is a cybertronian angel, she works in the elite guard, and she has no alligances to the Autobots nor Decepticons. We do not know her situation of how high she really is, but she high up in authority in which she makes some decisions for the Elite Guard," one of the orphanage answered, as the game ended, as the group chose to talk instead of play the game.

"She created this orphanage based on a pact that she made with the Decepticons. In the surrounding area, which does have a border, is known to be Decepticon territory. Not many people come here, unless it is for the shopping district. But the pact states that anything that happens within the border does not get reported by anyone outside the border, as long as there is two pathways that is a safe zone for all people, and the orphanage is another safe zone and the Decepticons cannot attack this place, unless they want war," another one answered. "The shopping district, is essentially one pathway, is a safe zone for people as well as the pathway leading up to the orphanage. Many people, outside of us and a few others, come through here and the shopping district."

"Oh, okay," Wedge replied as the conversation began to flow through a multitude of conversations, as some got up and joined other groups, Wedge joining the other recruits. I soon enough began to talk to Hotshot, who even though is talking to me now, I can see how closed off he still is towards me. I can sense the relationship was back to the way it was before he ran off, but now I can see how much he truly is hiding from me. I wanted to talk to the other adults, who were talking amongst themselfs, so I got up as did Hotshot. Hotshot climbed up onto me, settling his arms on my shoulder, holding himself into place. I raised an eyebrow towards him.

"What? Can't I join you?" he questions me back. I sighed, shaking my head, before heading to the adults. However, as I was walking over, I moved him so I could hold him so he doesn't cause my shoulder to hurt. He didn't seem to mind as he held my neck, looking forward. I arrived to the adults as we began to talk about a multitude of things. Hotshot dozed off as I held him.

"You need to adopt that child," Optimus stated randomly. I looked at him shocked, causing everyone in the room to laugh at both me and the comment. Even Hotshot chuckled

"Why do you say that, Optimus?" I asked, confused, causing everyone to laugh again.

"Do you see yourself, Heatwave?" Boulder asked. I looked at him confused and shook my head.

"I thought I was an idiot, until I met him," Hotshot exclaimed, causing the adults to chucking. I was so confused at this point.

"Heatwave, even if you are not Hotshot's dad, you act like it, and you care way too much about him to just be his mentor," Bee told me, as Hotshot tightened his grip, putting his head between my neck cables and my shoulders. I rolled my eyes as they moved on. I ended up moving to sit down on one of the chairs, since my arms were getting tired. I rubbed his back, as he went back to dozing off. I was so confused now. First Firefrost telling me to adopt him and now them. Hotshot muttered something, that I did not quite hear, but I did not pressure him into saying anything. It was a good thing, since a blaring alarm sounded causing everyone to jump, especially Hotshot, who started to shake at the loud sound.