Chapter 6

No ones POV (at rescue academy, at the same time Hotshot meets Optimus' sibling)

It has been a couple of days since Hotshot left, and everyone was in distress. The recruits were saddened and worried, the rescue bots and everyone else at the academy were stressed, worried, frustrated, and tired. Blades was sad and frustrated, but he promised Hotshot that he will keep everyone at bay. Currently, Bee's team, Blurr, Salvage, Quickshadow, Hightide, the rescue bots, the recruits, the Burns, Optimus, and some friends that the rescue bots know were all at the academy. Heatwave was arguing with Bee and Blurr as everyone else watched. Blades was so done, he decided that enough was enough.

"Will you guys please stop arguing?!" Blades yelled at the three. It became deathly silent as everyone looked at him, surprised by his outburst. "Seriously, I know you guys are worried but arguing is not the answer."

"So what is the answer, Blades? We all looked everywhere and there was no sign of Hotshot anywhere," Heatwave yelled as he sat down at his desk, rubbing his head between his hands. "Just, where is he?"

"Do you think it is possible that he went to Cybertron?" Whirl asked quietly. Everyone groaned.

"If he went to Cybertron, then it is going to be impossible to find him," Wedge groaned. The others nodded their heads except for Strongarm and Quickshadow.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that. If you look at his file from Cybertron, you will know what his favorite places are," Quickshadow responded. Strongarm pulled up his file, reading it over.

"It says here that some of the common places that he goes to are the mall, any place where he could practice cube, and this coffee shop. It also says that he is an orphan, whose parents were brutally murdered in front of him at a young age. They were killed by Decepitcons who were never found," Strongarm brought up, closing his file once again.

"Hotshot was an orphan?" Heatwave and the recruits yelled at the same time. Strongarm nodded her head.

"That would explain the nightmares and waking up in the middle of the night," Blades brought up. Everyone looked at him once again. "Okay, I like walking around at night to make sure the recruits are getting sleep. And I've noticed Hotshot was not sleeping well."

"And you didn't think to inform us about this?" Chase asked.

"It is not my place to speak, Chase. I am a medic. So if I feel like something like this must be kept quiet and on the down low, then it must be kept confidential," Blades tells the police bot. Everyone looked down as they could not argue with the logic. "Plus, I did not know what they were about. For all I knew, it could have been some nightmare that could easily be overcomed."

"Can't argue with you there, Blades. But we are worried about him too," Heatwave told the bot. "So if he was on Cybertron, we could start there?"

"I'll ask my sibling to help look. They know Cybertron like the back of their hand and they are good on the streets," Optimus told the others, walking away with Ratchet and Bumblebee. Everyone eventually left, leaving the rescue bots and the recruits in the room.

"I miss Hotshot," Whirl sighed.

"I miss him too. And I feel bad for judging him so early on and letting him take all the blame. He is more of a bot than I ever was," Wedge admitted.

"He probably knows the ins and outs of the streets and a fight, as he might have been living on the streets since there are not really any orphanages on Cybertron," Medix states. Everyone nodded to that.

"How did we not notice that he was an orphan?" Boulder asked. "And no offence Chase, but I am surprised he could keep it from you and Whirl."

"He must have a good poker face. Well, until recently, with the change in his behavior," Chase brought up.

"Now that you brought that up, what's up with that?" Hoist asked. Everyone but Blades shrugged.

"It's probably the Heatwave's fault. He always yells at him and the most recent time was the day before his behavior turned for the worst," Blades brought up. At that point everyone in the room was looking at Heatwave. Heatwave looked confused and guilty at the same time. "I saw and heard what you said to him, and that was painful for me to hear. Also, did you know that he stood out there for another ten minutes to regain emotional control."

"He did?" Heatwave asked him guiltily. Blades nodded as he groaned, putting his face into his hands. "Great. Now he probably hates me."

"Why? For yelling at him?" Blades asked. Heatwave nodded with his head still resting in between his hands. "Hotshot does not hate you and he never will. He is just hurt, emotionally. I mean, his life did drastically change when he came here. He probably went from constantly looking for energon for his own survival to not having to look far for it, from sleeping on the hard, bumpy ground of the streets to a comfortable berth. And I think when he was being egotistical and all, he was just keeping his walls up, due to the little trust he had with us. I believe we did not allow him much room for him to let down his walls to show us the side of him we never got to see."

"Huh. When you put it like that, a lot of things about Hotshot makes a lot of sense," Wedge brought up. Everyone else nodded their heads in agreement. "I mean, all of us were kinda hard on him, and we never gave him a chance to show a different side of him."

"I have to agree with you, but I also think it is time for us to turn in. It is late, and we need to sleep," Boulder told everyone in the room as they all headed to their rooms to sleep. Heatwave remained in his office for the night, thinking about the one recruit that was not there. Eventually he went to his room, but like everyone else, his mind could only focus on Hotshot.

A/N: Thxs for 100 reads people. I will be continuing this story, this is the last chapter till next week at least because I will be finals this week. Have fun and stay chilling.

Peace Out Peeps!