Chapter 13

Hotshot's POV

 I woke up, shivering in fear. The memories from yesterday came back to me as I silently cried. My frame was shaking violently as I cried. Several people came in, but through the tears, I didn't know who they were as the tears blinded me. They were talking but I couldn't hear them, but they quieted down, and I don't know why. Then I felt several people hold me, whispering to me, trying to calm me down, and it was working. I was calming down, my crying, coming down to hiccups to sniffles. I was able to tell that it was the friends that I had made at the orphanage. I was finally able to see and hear again. They looked at me, not asking why, but looking with understanding. They were laying on the berth, leaving no open space on it.

"Are you feeling better?" one of them whispered to me. I simply nodded, not trusting my voice. I didn't want to cry again and I feel like if I talk I'll cry. They stayed there, as did I, as I fully calmed down, as I knew I could once again speak.

"I'm feeling better, thanks," I whispered. They smiled at me and stopped holding me as tightly as they were before. I wanted to go, so I got up and walked out. My friends came with me as we went to get energon. We were making small talk in quiet voices. We reached the food area, as I saw the people from the Rescue Academy on Earth. I grabbed Energon before I was pulled away from the area by my friends.

"We semi heard what happened yesterday. We wanted to make sure you were okay this morning. We also notice how uncomfortable you are around them," Ultrastrike said. I nodded my head in thanks as we went to the roof to eatAfter eating, we went to the courtyard and played some cube. We had enough to make two teams to play, so we decided to compete against each other in the cube field in the courtyard. The teams were pretty even with playing cube. Of course each teammate on each team had there strengths that challenged a teammate on the other team. We ended up getting a crowd of people, as people watched the game. This lightened my mood greatly as everyone began to make bets on which team would win. "Why don't we turn this into a semi-real game? It'll be fun, and we get to see which team is better at playing cube."

"Of course! That would be fun!" I said a little to excited, making everyone laugh as I flushed in embarrassment. But it was all okay, as it all fun and games. We got a scorekeeper and a referee, and obviously the two teams that were already created. The game went on for 43 minutes before my team won. My team celebrated, but during it, I began to hear voices before everything going dark

Ultra Magnus' POV

I was looking at the clock, waiting for the moment I could leave for my break. I had already finished all my work for the day, but I wasn't off work yet. When I was just about to get up and leave, Firefrost came into the office and I sighed. She was on a break, so her coming here means there is something going on. I guess I wasn't off work just yet.

"How may I be of assistance to you, Firefrost?" I asked looking at her with a knowing look. She sighed, sitting in a chair on the other side of the chair.

"You remember that small breakout and how we lose three of the worst criminals and now we can't find them?" she asked. I nodded my head as she looked at me straight into the optics. "They are going after Hotshot, an orphan under my care. I knew someone was hunting him, didn't know who at first, but with what happened yesterday. At first, I thought it was something minor, which is why I didn't inform you or anyone else."

"What happened yesterday?" I asked, now concern. The last time those three were out, they were murdering people left and right. They were only able to be caught because two cops sacrificed there lifes to arrest them, but they ended up leaving their child orphaned. It was a sad loss, and I hoped the best for their son, but now, the three are out, and it feels like we are at the beginning again.

"Well, again, I will not be guaranteeing that it is those three. But yesterday, I did find out that Hotshot was the son of the two cops that died to the three criminals. I knew for a little while someone was looking for him, but I couldn't be sure who. Yesterday, Hotshot allowed me to see in his head, and you know how sensitive people are coming out of it, right?" She said, I nodded my head. I was confused on where this was going, but I knew that she was going to get the point. "Hotshot had a few locked memories. I was going to work with him later on, but someone triggered him after he came out, making his locked memories come out. That is how I figured out that he was their son. I was only assuming that those three are going after him. But when I was confronting the person, an orphan told me about a body outside the main entrance of the orphanage."

"What? Which side was it?" I asked. This was concerning especially since that pathway was the only safe pathway in the area since Firefrost made an agreement with the Decepticons surrounding the pathway. The agreement was that the pathway and the area of the orphanage that she runs will not be touched as long as she doesn't do any unnecessary searches, she doesn't turn them in, or attack them out of nowhere.

"That is the thing, it was a Decepticon that was dead. It was a new kill, but it was dragged there by someone. I saw the effect of someone cleaning up energon. There was a message written on the wall, with the energon from the cybertronian, saying 'We know you have him.'" she told me. I looked up at her again, as I was writing down what she said. I knew that she disable all cameras in the place and that was fine.

"Okay. I'm not asking anything about Hotshot, but what do you think killed the Decepticon?" I asked. She sighed.

"This is where I am getting the assumption that the person hunting the poor kid is the three escapees. The kill looked like it was done by three people, specifically the way they kill people. There were scratch marks on the body, three different types, all seemingly fitting the three's servos. Lastly, I noticed that it was about 17 hours old, but it was far enough that the only way any of us knew is that the orphan that told me came back right before telling me," she said.

"So essentially, you are making the assumption that it's them. How sure are you of it?" I asked. I watched her as she took a paper and began to calculate things. It's not that this sort of thing is calculable, but she is only doing this to get how much she knows and how sure she is. She wrote a percentage down, circling it, giving it to me. I look at the number, which is 83%. I sighed, it's not a hundred percent, but I know it does have a high likelihood that it is them. I gave it some thought before speaking once again. "You never come to me unless it is important. I know you do not and most likely will not sacrifice Hotshot. I will help you with what you need, but I'm off work. Do you want to discuss your idea somewhere else?"

"Of course. Let's go," she said with a smile on her faceplate. We walked out, mildly talking about a plan, but mostly catching up from the time she started her break till now.

A/N- I'm honestly surprised how some of you like this book, it's not the best piece that I have done. Thank you for supporting this book, even when I wasn't really posting. I hope you like this chapter. I'm still coming up with the plot of the story, but I know I will end this story with Hotshot being happy again, somehow. 

Anyways, Peace out, peeps!