Chapter 1

It was a normal day at the academy. Well, for me anyway. Heatwave gave me chores to do while the others got to spend time with their mentors. I sighed looking to the sky. It was almost dark out, and I have not finished this chore. I got back to work until Heatwave came outside.

"Hey Professor, how are you doing?" I asked in a nervous chuckle. He glared at me like I did something wrong.

"How are you still not done with this? I gave it to you 3 hours ago, expecting you to be done by now," he asked annoyed. I look down to the ground ashamed. "What is wrong with you? You brag all the time about how fast you are, but you can't seem to put it to use. It's pathetic. Go inside now, Hotshot. It's just a waste of time, like you."

"I'm sorry," I whispered, as Heatwave walked inside. I dropped my hands to my side, coolant dripping from my face. I stayed outside for another 10 minutes, collecting myself, before going back inside. I walked into the main room, putting on a fake smile. I was not okay, and I will probably never be okay again. "Hey, guys. How are y'all doing?"

"We're doing great. How are you doing?" Whirl asked. She is nice and enthusiastic, but it is a little unnerving sometimes.

"I am doing good," I stated, doing what normally I do. Fake everything. I never really showed them my true self, as everyone already had a perspective of me. In all honesty, I am lonely and I just want a family. My real family died years ago.

"How was your day with Heatwave?" Wedge asked.

"He had me doing chores again. This time, they were harder, but nothing I can't do!" I said with fake excitement. "So, I think I am going to go to bed. I'm tired."

"Okay, goodnight Hotshot," Whirl said, as everyone else bid me goodnight. I left to head to my berthroom, alone. My spark feels heavy and I feel coolant pooling at my eyes again. I wiped them away as I walked into my berthroom. I lay down on my berth, with the lights out, as I looked up towards the ceiling. I feel like a burden to everyone. I slow them down, I never learned how to do rescues, I get blamed for everything, and most of all, I am an orphan. I don't belong here, and I never will. But I can't leave the team, I can't hurt their feelings. I rolled over on my bed, as I cried myself to sleep.