Chapter 2

When I woke up, I looked over at my dresser to see that it was 4:30. I woke up an hour and a half early. I decided to get up and watch the sun rise. I was all ready for the day, so I layed down on the launch pad, as I looked up towards the sky. I sighed, knowing that I was never going to be at peace. Once my internal clocks told me that it was 5:25, I went back inside, going to the classroom. I put up a fake smile, like I do every other day. Whirl and Medix were already there.

"Hey there Hotshot. You're offly early here. Why is that?" Whirl asks. I shrug, keeping up my act.

"I woke up early, so I decided to come here early," I stated, sitting down in my seat. We began talking with each as the others and Heatwave entered. I looked down as the lesson started, shame sinking in. The lesson started, as I paid attention to the best of my ability. However it was hard to focus with my thoughts running wild, as my anxiety started to go up. I was trying my hardest to stop myself from having a panic attack. Once the lesson was done, we walked to the sim room, as I hanged in the back to calm myself down.

"Hotshot, are you okay?" Medix asked. I simply nodded my head as we catched up to the group. "I'm asking because you are acting very differently than how you normally act. So, are you sure you are okay?"

"Yes, I am okay, Medix. I know you are worried, but I am okay. I am just tired," I lied, as we walked into the simulator room, where everyone else was waiting for us.

"And what took you two so long?" Heatwave asked, as I felt my throat go dry.

"I was simply asking Hotshot a question, as he seemed out of sorts today. But as he puts it, he is fine," Medix answers. I sighed as I gave him a small, but real smile. Though it only lasted a second as we walked over to the others. We began the stimulation that Heatwave had us do when I felt another pair of optics on me. I shook off the feeling due to the fact that there is no one else besides us recruits and Heatwave. We managed to complete the sim successfully. That concluded school today, but we had training with our mentors now.

"Hey, Hotshot, what exactly did Medix ask you?" Heatwave asked as he walked up to me.

"Aren't things that a medic asks confidential?" I asked back, as I did not want to answer the question.

"Yes, but as your mentor and teacher, it is my job to make sure you are okay," he answered. I mentally scoffed. If he truly was worried, then he would not have said the things that he did yesterday.

"He was just wondering if I was okay, because he said that I was acting different," I told him, as we walked outside. I really do not want to have this conversation with him. No one really cares, especially not him.

"And are you okay?" Heatwave asked, raising an optic ridge.

"Yes, I am okay. Can we just get on with the training?" I asked annoyed. He nodded his head as we got to training.