ཻུ An Anniversary to Remember ཻུ (Drew x Jake)

Requested by TheCreativeOnes72

"Aaaand, where exactly is this mysterious place you're leading me to?"

"I already told you, wait and see."

"But Drewww," Jake said in a whiny voice that made the magenta head sigh.

"It'll be worth it, just wait," Drew promised as he tightened the blindfold around Jakes head. It was around eight in the evening, but the sun had already set, leaving only traces of faded oranges in the navy blue sky.

Jake pouted. "Fine."

In spite of himself, Drew couldn't help but chuckle. "Sorry, boo. But I love you, and you know that."

His boyfriend's expression softened. "Love you too," he smiled, intertwining his fingers around Drew's.

If only Drew could take that blindfold off him, then he could see the familiar spark in his chocolate brown eyes. He loved looking into those eyes. Those sweet, hazel depths of his eyes that lifted Drew in, trapping him in a sort of heavenly trance. He could look into them for hours if he wanted to.

But still. This was a surprise. He didn't want to spoil anything for Jake just yet.

"Alright, be careful now," Drew warned as they turned the corner and stepped through a red brick archway, "there are a lot of bushes and rocks around. I don't want you tripping."

"Oh, don't worry about me," Jake hummed to himself as Drew guided him around a fountain. The stars were starting to come out now, glittering brightly in the midnight sky. "I trust you not to let me get hurt."

"Touching," Drew smirked. He led him over to a round, polished table made from yew.

A white, silk tablecloth draped over it, and two candles burned brightly in the dark. Decorative flowers formed a half circle around the candles, adding a home-like touch to the scene. The garden stood on a towering cliff, so it looked over a chasm of gentle waves and the light spray of salt water. Sandy beaches lined the shore.

"Alright, I'm starting to take your blindfold off. But promise me you'll count to three before opening your eyes," he said..

"Promise," Jake nodded. Drew untied the blindfold, and then rushed over to the other end of the table to take a seat.

"Three..." Jake said slowly, and Drew counted along with him.

"Two... One."

Two warm, milk chocolate eyes flew open, and then widened.

"Happy anniversary," Drew smiled, spreading his arms wide.

At first, Jake didn't say anything, and Drew's heart missed a beat. Did he not like it? Was he doing something wrong?

But the tension broke as Jake burst into laughter, suddenly running into his arms. The magenta head stumbled, and the two tumbled into the soft grass, hugging tightly.

"Thank you..." Jake said softly, tears streaming down his face.

"J-Jake? Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

"I'm fine," Jake wiped his eyes, "it's just... nobody's done something this sweet for me in forever... thank you, Drew..."

He only smiled, and pulled Jake closer. The scent of hot cocoa enveloped him.

"I was going to have Henry and Liam prepare dinner, ya know," he said, stroking his boyfriend's hair as Jake rested his head on his lap. The two looked up at the night sky, eyes reflecting the silver shine of the stars.

"Really? You trusted them with that?" Jake laughed.

"Stupidly, yes. They're still not here! I wouldn't be surprised if they burned down my kitchen," Drew scowled.

"Don't worry about it," Jake reached up and planted a kiss on his cheek, making him blush. "As long as I'm with you, I'm okay."

"You're such a sap," Drew muttered, cheeks growing warm.

"Says the one that set up this amazing dinner for me," said Jake teasingly. He turned to the side, facing the sea. "Say... how about we go down there? I love the ocean."

"Jake, it's dark out! What if we get swept away by the waves?" Drew chided.

"Then at least I'll be swept away with you," Jake winked. Drew went redder than a tomato.

"I... Agggh, come here you little tease!" he roared, lunging for Jake as the peach haired boy laughed, jumping up and heading for the beach.

"Not until you catch me first!" Jake yelled over his shoulder, feeling sand under his feet as he ran for the shore.

Suddenly, he felt a firm grip on his shoulders as a figure leaped on him.

"Gotcha!" cried Drew triumphantly.

"Ah... too bad," Jake sighed. He looked up into Drew's gaze. "Well, here's your prize."

He cupped his hands around Drew's face, and leaned in for a kiss. He felt Drew tense up at first, but then the boy relaxed and melted in, pressing his lips against Jake's. Moonlight bathed them in a soft, teal glow, making their hair look almost like silver.

"OI! GET A ROOM!" a familiar voice rang out. They pulled away, and Henry and Liam came into view, both holding pizza boxes.

"Just because it's your anniversary doesn't give you the right to snog everywhere you go," Liam rolled his eyes.

"Hey!" Drew's blush was evident in the moonlight. "We weren't -"

"Oh, shut up," Henry mimicked Liam's eye roll, and pushed the pizza box towards them. "We... couldn't exactly cook up the dinner you planned. Your dad may or may not be putting out some flames in the kitchen right now... so... we ordered pizza! Pepperoni, your favourite!"

"Pizza? Really?" said Drew skeptically as he opened the box. A savoury smell wafted into the air.

"Yup. Oh, and here's your peach soda. We know you like it the best," Liam added, passing Drew an orange soda can.

"Peach you say?" Jake smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up!" Drew's face grew hot. His boyfriend chuckled.

"Mine now!" he snatched the peach drink and took off.

"Get back here!" Drew shouted, chasing after him. He only laughed, and the two spent the rest of the night chasing each other under the starry sky.