☾ Moonlit Meetings ☽ (Drew x Daisy)

Requested by JelloFrenchFry

Drew stumbled along the rocky path towards a bridge, and then bended down, panting. He clutched a stitch in his chest. The chilly summer wind wrapped around him, sweeping through his hair and sending it waving in the breeze. His dark magenta locks contrasted greatly against the starry night sky. Frigid wind and ominous shadows swallow him.

The bridge he was standing on connected two parts of the city.

Cerculay City was joined by this bridge across a massive river that stretched from ocean to ocean. The part where Drew came from was the downtown, where only people of great wealth resided. Fancy cafes, restaurants, and great businesses were there. Only hotels with five star ratings could be found.

This was the environment Drew has known all his life. His father was a rich and incredibly successful business man, but was too entitled for his own good. He rarely worked, and would waste his talents at the casino, drinking and playing cards until the end of his days

Drew wished he could go back to the days where his father still had his wits, and the two would go fishing or hiking in the woods. 

He wanted more of that father than the one he had now. More of the kind, loving one rather than the abusive one who always hollered and beat him to proper discipline

His only escape was on the other side of the neighbourhood, where most people lived. Schools, creeks, and houses of all types were there. To Drew, the river was what split the richer and the commoners, and the bridge was the only connection to his only real friend...

All of the sudden, a girl with long, white hair burst through the trees. Her hair whipped behind her, looking like a snowy white owl flying through the night.

Drew didn't expect her to be running, and he didn't have time to think as the girl suddenly collided right into him.

"Augh... oh, I'm so sorry, Drew! Ugh, I should really look where I'm going next time... here!"

He chuckled to himself and took Daisy's hand to pull himself up. For a moment, he clutched her hand before they both let go.

Drew's eyes met her bright blue orbs, and that's when Drew's smile vanished.

"What... happened to you?" he gaped at her.

Daisy's white nightgown was scratched and torn away at parts by scraggly branches and thorns. Her elbows and knees had cuts on them, and the blood was smeared across the white nightgown. A shard of glass stuck in her hair just behind her ear, but she didn't seem to notice it.

"Oh... uh, my mother found out I was going out again. You know, she really doesn't like seeing the two of us together. So she... picked up my grandfather's antique vase and threw it at me as I was running out the door"

Drews eyebrows contracted. Like his father, Daisy's mother often abused her daughter whenever a foot stepped out of line or when things weren't perfect and proper.

But in many ways, Daisy and Drew were much alike. Both were raised by unkind parents who wished their children could be perfect. Both found comfort within each other when days grew dark. The difference was that Daisy let all the orders to be perfect slip through, and show on the outside. Drew, on the other hand, rebelled strongly against his father, and would never let his words sink through.

"Don't listen to your mother," Drew said, plucking the shard of glass from Daisy's hair and throwing it over the bridge. "We're meant to be. You and I."

He kissed her softly on the forehead.

Daisy looked away. "Yeah..."

Drew tilted his head, and to his shock, he saw a tear escape from Daisy's eye.

"Daisy? A-are you okay? I didn't do anything wrong, did I?"

"No... it's not about you..." Daisy murmured. She slipped her hand into his as the dark sky glowered down on the forbidden couple. It was slowly turning into a navy blue.

"It's just... sometimes I doubt us. Sometimes I doubt if we two... really are meant to be."

Another tear trickled down her cheek.

Drew was horrified. "What do you mean? This isn't your mother convincing you, is it? Don't listen to her! You mustn't!"

"I know, but... it's just so hard!" Daisy stomped her foot in frustration. "Life is so hard! I can never seem to be good enough, and every day, the punishments get worse."

"Let's report her," Drew suggested, "report her for what she's done to you."

"But how can I do that knowing that part of me still loves her!" Daisy cried. She whirled around to face drew with tears in her eyes.

"We've had this conversation millions of times! Part of me still loves her like a daughter loves her mother. And every day I desperately cling onto the possibility that she'll change..."

"So you're going to choose her over me?" Drew's throat went dry.

"I..." Daisy looked away and gulped. "I want to see my mother happy. And I'm the reason she's not. She doesn't like seeing the two of us..."

"What about our relationship?" Drew said frantically. "You can't just give it up after all we've been through! How am I supposed to survive my father without you!"

"Find someone else!" Daisy shouted, sending a tear through Drew's heart. Tears stung his eyes.

"NO! I won't! I'll never find someone I love as much as you. I'll never find someone who will understand me as well and who I'll always be able to count on."

"You will. That's how love works," said Daisy bitterly.

"That's not how TRUE love works," Drew persisted, "how am I supposed to get through these days without you? Without us?"

"How am I supposed to get through my LIFE when my mother - the only mother I'll ever have - turns her back on me? She's the only one I have left..."

"WHAT ABOUT ME?" Drew screamed. "I'VE BEEN HERE FOR YOU TOO! AND - AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO -"

"TRUE LOVE DRIVES PEOPLE TO INSANITY, DREW!" Daisy's voice was hard to hear with all the tears spilling down her face.

Drew was shocked. He hadn't seen this side of Daisy before.

"We focus so much on having these moonlit meetings... But what about ourselves? We can embrace in the moonlight and kiss under the stars. Whisper sweet nothings into each other's ears, but what about ourselves? What about our health and our sanity?"

"We'll take care of each other! That's what -"

"I can't do this," she whispered. "I can't! Don't you see? You're strong. You're so strong to rebel against your father. But me? I fall in easily to my mother's words. If I keep going on like this... I really don't know what will become of me."

"Daisy..."

At the sound of her name, she instinctively turned, but when she caught a glimpse of Drew's eyes, she looked away, and Drew could only see tears in those periwinkle depths.

Now, the sun was rising and a new set of colours splashed across the sky. Tranquil blue, loud oranges, and lively pinks reflected across the glossy surface of the river. Somewhere afar, a goose honked in the distance. The sun illuminated the outline of Daisy's hair, and the light made her look like she was glowing.

A new sun, a new day. A new set of words that broke his heart more than anything else.

"Goodbye, Drew."

A/N: ya gal has no more creativity so let's write a story about a couple arguing in nightclothes when everything's dark! brilliant idea!