⚘ Something to You ⚘ (Drew x Jake)

Requested by l1lly_lofi

A magenta haired boy pushed past a group of students that belonged to the music club. One was dressed in a navy jacket with a diamond shaped necklace around his neck. He looked up as the boy rushed past him and frowned. For a moment, he hesitated, and then pursued after him.

Meanwhile, Drew stumbled into the boy's restroom, and leaned against the sink so that he was looking directly into the mirror. His reflection was blurred with the tears filling his vision. Desperately, he tried to wipe them away, but they only kept coming.

It wasn't full on sobbing. It was more like tears being squeezed out involuntarily. Drew sighed, and looked down into the sink.

"...Drew?" a whisper came.

He turned around so fast he almost crashed his head against the wall. There stood Jake, smiling softly.

"J-Jake?!" Drew dried his tears, trying to hide the tear tracks on his face. "W-what -"

He faltered as the boy walked up and put an arm around him. "Are you okay?"

Drew frantically rubbed his face to hide the evidence of crying, but the tears were coming faster than ever. He reached for a paper towel, but Jake put a finger under his chin and turned his face to him. Drew's eyes widened as Jake trailed a finger on his face, catching the falling tears.

"I -" he looked away, a severe blush spreading across his face. Was Jake aware of how close they were?

"I'm fine," Drew said quietly, "l-listen... Why don't you just go back to your f-freak friends!" he expected Jake to make a retort like usual, but instead, he was stunned as he replied:

"You know you don't mean what you say."

Angry tears rolled down Drew's cheeks. Why couldn't he just leave already? "What do you know?"

"I know your insults are as empty and dry as a desert. You don't mean your words, do you?" he said. He didn't break eye contact from Drew.

"How do you know what I'm like? Y-you don't know anything about me!"

"I know enough. You're my best friend, Drew," the way Jake said those words made Drew's heart melt, and he felt a warm patch blooming in his heart.

He took a deep breath to steady himself. "I'm not. You clearly like the music club better than me. Besides... you like Hailey, don't you?"

To his surprise, Jake let out a shocked little laugh. Drew turned to look at him.

"Hailey? No.. she's just a friend, I swear! I wouldn't look at her like that. Sure, she's pretty, and really good at singing... But I promise you there's nothing going on between us!"

Drew hesitated, then frowned. "Look, Jake. You really don't need to put up an act to cover up for me. I know I'm a jerk, but you shouldn't feel obliged to pretend I'm a good person and still help me out."

"Drew -"

"You prefer them over me, and that's clearly seen!" he wasn't sure where this sudden outburst came from, "I don't get why you like those freaks... Do you even know what you're doing?!"

At this point, Drew had raised his voice so that he was practically shouting, and he turned away as his voice crumbled under the weight of his words.

"I guess the years of friendship we had together meant nothing... all those years just to be pushed out by four simple... freaks."

Jake said automatically, "You need to stop calling them that."

"SEE WHAT I MEAN?!" Drew shrieked, whirling around to face him with tears stinging his eyes. "You've been acting cold and bitter towards us without realizing it, and you probably never will realize it. We're best friends. But... that freak club - those new friends of yours seem to have replaced us, huh?"

Tears were streaming down his face, and he didn't even realize it.

"I guess you never seemed to appreciate my company. I'm just a giant bully, aren't I? Don't lie to me, Jake. You fancy Hailey. And I'll never get to be her cause I'm a cold, harsh, opposite of her."

"Wait -"

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" he screamed. Jake stared at him in shock. Drew's chest heaved.

"Drew, no! Please, we can talk this out!" he pleaded.

"What is there to talk out?" Drew asked, slathering ice on his voice to hide how damaged it is. "JUST WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT?!"

"I..." Jake's shoulders sagged, and then all of the sudden, he leaned closer to Drew so that their foreheads were almost touching.

"W...What are you doing?" Drew stuttered, trying to shrink away. But Jake smiled lightly and supported him with his arms. The tip of his nose brushed against Drew's.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to find time to hang out with you anymore..." Jake murmured, looking at Drew in the eye. He gulped and tried to pull away, but Jake didn't break eye contact from him

"You... really shouldn't be sorry," Drew muttered, looking down. "I-I've been such a jerk... I've been calling them freaks and -"

"Anyone can change, Drew."

Those three words made Drew's heart beat faster.

They were so close.

Too close.

Drew could smell Jake's peach shampoo lingering with scents of fresh, spring dew. Like in a trance, he began to reach for Jake's hand, but Jake caught it swiftly and put it over his own heart.

His heart is beating faster than Drew's. He swallowed, and got himself lost in those hazel eyes.

Then, like a magnet, a sort of force drew them together and they kissed.

Drew could feel a flurry of emotions surging inside his stomach. The smell of Jake's cologne surrounded him, and he held Jake tight. He didn't want to let go, as he pressed his lips against Jake's. The sense of time left him, and he couldn't tell how long they were in each other's arms before they finally broke apart.

Jake gave a winning smile and patted Drew on the head.

"I don't fancy Hailey. I like you. Maybe you've been a jerk, but you've still been funny, loyal, and... pretty charming," Jake chuckles.

Drew felt a steady blush painting across his cheeks, but he said, "I'm not on your level though... I don't think I ever will be. I thought we were only friends..."

"Well," Jake shrugged, still smiling. "Maybe we can be something more than that."

A/N: ngl this was fun to write. i should write more drake 😳