⥅ Confessions ⥆ (Drew/Henry/Liam Love Triangle)

Requested by thebasicmemes

Drew never told anyone, but behind his cold mask of bitterness, he had a secret burning deep in his heart.

Liam only thought of them as friends, but just thinking of the two as "just friends" hurt him more than anything else.

Meanwhile, Henry was oblivious to everything.

---

"Hey, guys!"

Drew looked up to see a green haired boy nearing the two friends on a bright, lime bike. The goofy smile on his face was contagious, and Drew felt the same smile brush his plaintive face as his heart beat faster.

"Hey, Henry!" another voice spoke at the same moment as Drew, and he turned to see that it was Liam who had echoed those same words.

"Hoho, is that some telepathy I smell? You guys really seem to read each other's minds," Henry chuckled as he got off his bike and locked it on the bike racks.

"I know right, we're the best," Liam said proudly.

"Nah, I'm better," said Drew with a sly grin.

Henry rolled his green eyes. "I mean, to be fair, you kind of are. You're not a simp for older woman, unlike someone here." He glanced at Liam as Drew roared with laughter.

"Oh, come on, that was a year ago when we were all juniors! I've gotten over that!" Liam protested.

"I know, I know," Henry said comfortingly. He clapped Liam on the back, and Drew eyed them enviously.

Wait - what? No, I can't be thinking like that! Liam and Henry are just... friends.

Still, something was pulling at his heartstrings that made him want to punch something.

"Did you have a good weekend, Henry?" Drew asked, trying to change the subject.

The green haired boy beamed. "Sure did! I went to my grandfather's farm to stay for a bit, and you will not believe how much lettuce he plants! It was practically a Lettuce Heaven!"

"Oh no, not this again," Drew laughed as he slapped his forehead, "you still haven't let go of those lettuce fantasies even after junior year?"

"Eh, yeah. I don't think that'll change about me, though, even as a senior. Can you believe that, though? We're seniors already! Well, be going to university soon!"

"Well, some things change, and some don't," Drew shrugged.

Like my crush on you. That hasn't changed.

Liam asked, "How 'bout your crush on Lia? Has that changed?"

Henry made a face. "I dunno... ever since she started dating that need in art class? Yeah, I've gotten over her. She's become such a nerd after Zoey left!"

"Mhm..." Drew remembered the day his ex-girlfriend got expelled, and shuddered. He still couldn't get her furious shouts out of his head.

"Anyways, er, Henry," Liam suddenly went pink, "I was wondering if you're free after school today?"

Drew frowned.

"Oh, yeah, I think I am! Why?"

"Great! Well, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go visit the new ice cream place down the street!"

"Sounds fun," Henry agreed, giving a cute smile that melted Drew's heart. But when he looked at Liam's delighted face, he felt sick to the core.

"I-I thought you were going to come over to my place to play ping pong today..." Drew muttered.