❆ Christmas With You ❆ (Character x Reader)

Notice: So uh, I tried to make this gender neutral but kinda failed. If it seems to masculine/feminine I apologize terribly!

"Just a moment more, Y/N!"

You laugh, stumbling blindly along a rocky trail as Jake Sterling pulls you ahead, grasping your hand gently.

"That's what you said several minutes ago!"

"I promise, we're almost there!"

"We better be!"

A scratchy blindfold enfolds your eyes, forcing your eyes closed. You can't help but feel a sense of doubt linger as your feet trip over stones, wondering where on earth your boyfriend could be leading you. Being awoken from a good sleep and being driven to some park for two hours wasn't exactly on the top of your bucket list. But for the sake of this peach haired boy, you agreed.

"... And, we're here!"

You feel his light hands lift the blindfold off your head, and immediately gasp.

Before your eyes is a brilliant sight of neon red, green, silver and gold lights blinking brightly in the midst of the winter wonderland. The lights form shapes of deer, trees, snowmen, candy canes, and so much more. Regular christmas lights are everywhere - hanging from low branches, strung around benches, wrapped around poles...

A comforting, warm glow seems to radiate from them as they burn in the midnight sky. Snowflakes are falling, contrasting against the dark dome overhead like dove and raven. The breeze is humming, and in the distance, several birds are chirping. But all you can take in is the refulgent assortment of lights in front of you.

"Y/N?" Jake's voice pipes up in the chilly air. You realize you've been silent for a while, taking in the beauty of the lights. "You don't like it?"

You burst into laughter, and without warning, lunge forward and tackle him to the ground with a hug. He's taken in surprise, and doesn't have time to register your embrace as the two of you collapse in the snow.

"Don't like it? This is amazing!" you grin. Your face is just inches away from his. "I didn't know you liked light festivals!"

He chuckled. "Well... not really, but I figured you liked them."

"You drove two hours here just for me?" you ask in disbelief.

"Well... yeah... I was afraid you wouldn't like it, but -"

Jake's suddenly interrupted as you suddenly lean in, closing the gap between your lips.

All you're aware of is the sudden sensation of surging happiness washing over you as you two kiss. Sure, you've kissed him before too, but this was different. The soft flurries and brilliant coloured lights made everything ten times more magical. Finally, you part, cheeks flushed. You're not sure if it's from the cold or something else.

"Wouldn't like it?" you repeat his previous words. "What are you talking about?

"I love it."

❆ ❆ ❆

"... Let me give you a Christmas~

"A moment we'll fill with love and joy

Mmm mmm, so beautiful

Kissing under mistletoes, baby with you..."

Hailey Austin's alluring voice accompanies your gentle strumming of the acoustic guitar. You smile as you listen to her sing. This year surely had been a chaotic one, yet mystical. It was the year you met Hailey, and fell head over heels for her. Sure, perhaps it was an exaggeration, but no other words could describe the feeling of delight rushing through you every time you see her. Or the pounding of your heart every time she sings.