Chapter 15 - The key

"Korra stop it" Asami demands and Korra decides to not speak about it anymore.

Asami looks around the small room. It isn't the best one, but it still looks kinda nice. They obviously don't want to sleep in their old and dirty clothes, so Asami calls the reception to order some clothes. After around five minutes, one employee knocks on the door. As Asami is walking over to the door, Korra stops her and goes to answer the door herself. She takes the pyjamas and fresh clothes and thanks the employee.

"What was that about?" Asami asks with her arms crossed.

"Just making sure you don't escape again."

"Whatever" Asami rolls her eyes.

"I'll quickly change in the bathroom, stay where you are" Korra orders her as she takes a pyjama and walks over the bathroom.

"How nice, treating me like a prisoner. Thank you officer."

"You're welcome" Korra responds and locks the door and takes the key with her into the bathroom.

Korra closes the bathroom door and immediately washes her face with cold water. She can't believe that she has to sleep with Asami in a bed, let alone keep an eye on her. They both are now on the low and can't just return normally or they will get into trouble. However, the thing that worries Korra most is her ex-girlfriend. Korra is still not over her, and she loves her a lot. Spending the night with her in a bed doesn't make it better and easier to move on. She tried to keep her cool and her emotions for herself the whole day, but right now Korra is just desperate, because she doesn't want to fall harder for Asami than she already did. Besides, she is also very angry at her ex-lover, because she kissed her ex-bestfriend. Korra also feels very bad about hurting Asami like that earlier. She didn't mean to and she was just already very irritated about everything and Asami didn't make it easier for her.

Korra decides that the best way to cope with her feelings for Asami is to be distant and cold. Asami won't accept her apology and probably already hates her anyway, so she has nothing to lose.

Korra puts on the fresh pyjamas, she brushes her teeth, combs her hair and then leaves the bathroom. She sees Asami laying on the bed in her pyjamas, waiting for Korra to finish so she can enter the bathroom. As Asami walks into the bathroom, Korra makes sure that the door is locked and hides the key under a small plant that is in their room. She doesn't want to risk Asami escaping again.

After some minutes, Asami comes out of the bathroom without any make-up on. Korra tries to hide her reaction to Asami's appearance, because she looks very stunning. She doesn't want her feelings for Asami to become stronger. So she decides to turn on the TV and watch a movie.

"I think I will sleep on the floor" Asami suddenly states.

"Why? I didn't know you hate me that much."

"Yes I do, especially because of earlier!"

"If you say so, go sleep on the floor Mrs. Sato" Korra responds without averting her eyes from the TV.

Asami glares at Korra angrily and decides to provoke Korra.

She doesn't want to sleep with her ex-girlfriend in one bed, because she wants to move on from her and sleeping next to her won't make better at all. However, she uses this opportunity to piss Korra off.

"We can't change that, so deal with it" Korra says emotionless.

"Wow you are so nice" Asami answers sarcastically and lays down next to Korra with little to no distance between them.

Korra's heart pounds faster as Asami lays down next to her. She can't take that much pressure on her chest, so she decides to speak up.

"Can you maybe keep a little distance from me?" Korra asks without averting her eyes from the TV.