Chapter 22 - Drugged

"Zaheer?"

"Yes Korra, it's me why are you looking so sad? And why is your arm bleeding?" Zaheer asked sitting down next to Korra.

Korra had no problems trusting Zaheer. He was the one who gave her advice back then in Kyoshi Village. She relaxed a bit and felt comfortable telling him, what her problem was.

"You remember my ex-girlfriend right?"

"Of course I do, what happened this time?"

"Well, I confessed my feelings to her, she didn't even react. She just ran out and god knows where she is" Korra stated as she watched the ducks swim in the sea.

Zaheer had a small smirk on his face.

"So you don't know where she possibly went?"

"No, I have absolutely no idea."

"Did you search her house or wherever she works?"

"As a matter of fact, I did. I broke into her office and her apartement and the worst part is, that my boss saw and suspended me."

"So that is why your arm is bleeding right? Your life is a total mess Korra" Zaheer stated with a smile.

Korra found his smile a little bit creepy, but brushed the weird feeling off.

"I know.. all I want is for her to be found. Even if she doesn't return my love for her, I want her to be safe and have a great life."

It was silent for a while. Zaheer didn't respond and Korra kept on watching the ducks.

After a few minutes Zaheer spoke up.

"You really love her do you?"

"Yes, I love this woman. She is my everything."

"Heh, I know how this feels like" Zaheer said looking at the sky.

"What do you mean?"

"Being in love with somebody so much, that they are your only reason to keep going."

"To keep going?" Korra asked looking at Zaheer.

"In the sense of still being alive."

"Well... you are alive but she isn't?"

Zaheer turns his head around to look at Korra. She feels pretty uncomfortable due to Zaheer looking straight into her soul and with a creepy expression on his face.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Let us not talk about it, do you need help finding your ex-girlfriend?"

Korra looked at Zaheer and thought about it. If his dead wife was the only reason to keep going, why is he here then? What exactly is keeping him alive? And did she want help from him or was it something she can do on her own?

"I don't know.. I mean I have been searching for her, but I guess she doesn't want to be found."

Moments later, tears run down Korra's face as she looked over to a couple sitting on a bench hugging.

"Oh I can assure you that we will find her or rather you will find her soon enough" Zaheer said smiling.

"You seem very confident, what's up with you?" Korra asked kinda confused but curious.

"Ah nothing, ya know young lady, I am an optimistic person. If I say we will find her, we will."

Korra had a bad gut feeling, especially after Zaheer looked straight into her soul with his cold eyes. However Zaheer was somebody she knew and kind of trusted. He basically knows half of her life story, which was why she decided to ignore the bad feeling.