Chapter 4 - The notebook

Korra enters her car and drives off to meet Ginger again.

"Why were Asami's important notebook and her clothes on the floor? Asami used to hate when my clothes would lay on the floor, she couldn't stand her house being messy. Something is up, or maybe I am overthinking? Maybe Asami changed?"

She furrows her eyebrows at the thought of Asami changing. Slowly, memories of the two of them start to flood Korra's mind. She wonder's if Asami feels the same like her, if Asami even misses her and if she still has feelings. Korra sighs.

"Asami probably found someone else by now, she deserved every piece of happiness she could get" Korra says with a pained expression.

After some minutes, Korra arrives at Future Industries, parks her car and enters the building.

"Hello again officer" Ginger greets Korra and smiles.

"Hello, so may I talk to Asami Sato now?"

"Please wait officer, I will call her office."

"Sure."

Ginger picks up the phone and dials Asami's office number. No answer.

"This is weird, wait please, I will try again."

Again, Ginger dials Asami's number. No answer.

"Well, um let me call her assistant."

Korra grows more and more suspicious, why isn't Asami picking up her phone when her secretary is calling her?

"Zhu Li? Hello it is me Ginger, here is a police officer who wants to talk to Miss Sato, however she doesn't pick up her phone, do you know where she is?" Ginger asks quietly. "Huh, okay yes I will tell the officer that, thank you."

"So, what did she say?" Korra asks while raising an eyebrow.

"Well, Miss Sato is on a vacation, she is not available right now."

"What do you mean not available? Do you know if I could contact Asam- I mean Miss Sato in another way?"

"I am sorry, but all I have is her office phone number, you could try her E-Mail though, but I am sorry, I can't help you officer."

"E-Mail?!" Korra uttered "anyway, thank you for your help."

"You're welcome officer, goodbye!" "Goodbye."

Korra exits the building and looks very frustrated.

"Vacation, Miss Sato went on a vacation! How freaking nice" Korra says angrily. "How will I ever find her? I didn't imagine this case to be so hard. Why is it so hard to find her?" She stops and looks around.

"Where are you Asami?"

-----------------------------------------------

Asami arrives at her apartement that is in another city. It is not too far from Republic City, but at least she won't be disturbed. She parks her car outside in front of the building and starts to bring her stuff into the apartement. It is a big and fancy apartement, and Asami has everything she needs for work here.

After Asami sorted her stuff, she decides to take a little break and calls her assistant Zhu Li. She picks up her phone to dial her number.

"Come on Zhu Li, pick up."

"Hello, Asami?"

"Hello Zhu Li, how is everything?"

"You've only been gone for like 2 hours, nothing much happenend, except someone wanted to see you."