Chapter 1 - Task: find Asami

"These criminals are everywhere!" Lin shouts as she reads the newspaper in her office.

"Chief, it is impossible to catch all of them" Korra says crossing her arms and leaning into her chair.

"We have to work harder! I will make sure this city is clean." Lin stands up to walk over her big office window. "I have a case for you officer, but I don't know if you will like it."

Korra stands up and is now very curious to know what the chief has in store for her. "Chief, whatever it is, I will take the case!" Korra exclaims confidently.

"Alright, sit down kiddo, look at this file" Lin replies calmly. Like Lin said, Korra sits down and takes the file into her hand, only to be shocked and suprised.

"Asami Sato the CEO of Future Industries is suspected to be involved in illegal and criminal business. We don't know for sure if she really is, but we have to catch her. You are the best officer in my team, you will take this case got it?"

"Chief... I- yes Chief, I will take this case" Korra replies anxiously.

"Good, now go and fulfill your duty as an officer, I am sorry that you have to take this case, but there is no one who is better than you."

"Thank you Chief."

Korra exits the building with the file in her hand. "I seriously have to catch my freaking ex-girlfriend?! Please let this be a dream!" Obviously frustrated, Korra heads home and tries to figure out a plan on how to catch Asami.

At home, Korra sits at her table with her phone in her hand. She is scrolling through her contact list and stops when she sees Asami's name. A faint smile appears on her face and she goes to read her conversation with Asami. They have broken up a while ago, because both of them were to busy with their job and they got into many fights with each other. Korra is still not over her ex-girlfriend, she still loves Asami but doesn't know how to cope with her feelings. She thought by working harder and avoiding social contact, she could get over her ex-lover. Now she has to catch her ex. That doesn't make the situation for her better. In order to find out where Asami could be, Korra calls her hoping she would pick up. "This is such a ridiculous plan, but maybe it will work." Korra's hopes went up until she was notified that this number doesn't exist anymore. "Guess I have to try something else. I can't believe this, spirits save me from this torture!"

--------------------------------------------

"Miss Sato, I think you need a break from working" Zhu Li suggests to Asami.

"There is no way, I have to finish all of this it can't wait!"

"Miss Sato, you have been working without a break, you really should go home, I will take care of it."

"Are you sure Zhu Li?"

"Absolutely sure Asami, you really need a break."

"Alright, but I will try to work from home though."

"You really don't give up do you?"

"No, I never will" Asami exclaims and smirks. "Goodbye Zhu Li, thank you."

"No problem boss!"

Asami exits the building of Future Industries and gets into her car. Nothing much has changed for her since she and Korra broke up. Yes, she is still hurt because she loved Korra so much, but the show must go on, as Asami always says. To fill out the silence, Asami decides to turn on the radio. Much to her luck, Korra's favorite song starts to play and she really wants to turn off the radio but she decides not to. The memory of Korra pains her: her lovely smile, her stupid jokes and her dorky character. Asami shakes her head to shake off the memories, for her it is over with Korra and she doubts that they ever get back together. Especially because they didn't see each other for months.

Asami arrives at home and takes off her black coat.

"Where did I leave my laptop again?"

She walks over to her kitchen table to find her laptop. She takes it with her to the living room, turns on the TV and searches for a movie.

"Even if I have to work, a movie can't hurt besides, it won't take that long."

After working for half an hour, she puts her laptop away to watch the movie. However, Asami doesn't seem to be interested in the movie, her minds drifts off to the song in the radio and her memories of Korra. It has been a while and she wonders where her ex-girlfriend is and how she is doing. After a while, Asami falls asleep on her couch with a sad expression, while the movie is still on and playing in the background.