Chapter 6 - A concerned friend

After washing her face, Asami decides to stay in her apartment for the rest of the day. She has to work anyway and she is scared that the police will see her. To lighten up her mood, she goes to turn on some music and dance to it. She tries to drain all of her thoughts about Korra and tries to regain foucs, so she can work in peace. However, it is hard for her to forget about Korra. Since she has met Korra for the first time, she immediately felt attracted to her and the time where both of them dated, was the best time she has ever had. Except for the arguments.

"Okay time to work, I am not going to waste more time."

Asami turns off the music and goes into her living room to sit at her table with her laptop.

---------------------------------------------------

Korra exits the police building to get some fresh air. She takes a few deep breathes and decides to take a walk around the park. Still, she can hear Asami's voice ringing in her head. Over, over and over she can hear the sweet and soft voice. Her heart starts to pound faster with every time she thinks about Asami.

"Korra?" someone says behind her but she doesn't hear it.

All she hears is Asami's voice in her head.

"Korra?" the person repeats and decides to put their hand on Korra's shoulder.

Scared, Korra turns around to face the person who is calling her name.

"Oh hello Opal! How are you doing?"

"Are you okay Korra?" Opal asks concerned.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because it took me two tries to get your attention."

"I am sorry, I was deeply sunken in my thoughts."

"Wanna talk about it?" Opal offers to Korra and motions to a park bench near them. Korra follows her and sits down.

"So tell me Korra, what is happening to you? Do you have a lot of stress at work?"

Korra stiffens at the word "work", because her work task is to catch her ex-girlfriend. Korra is not allowed to speak about her work, so she decides to lie to her friend but also tell her a half truth. "No it is not work."

"What is it then?"

"It is Asami" Korra states while looking down.

"Oh, you really seem to miss her don't you?"

"Of course Opal, Asami was- I mean still is my everything. She was the first real love I have ever had and the first time I saw her, I instantly fell for her. I've never believed in love at first sight, but this woman proved me otherwise."

"I know Korra, I know your story of how you met each other. I can definitely understand that you miss her a lot. Did you guys have any kind of contact at all? I mean, it has been a while since your break up, but maybe you still keep in touch?"

"No Opal, since Asami and I have broken up, there was no kind of contact" Korra explains while thinking of how Asami's voice sounded earlier. She is not completely lying, her and Asami really had no contact for the past months, only today when Korra called her, it was the first type of connection between them. Except for Asami not knowing it was Korra who called her.

"That sucks, like a lot. I am so sorry for you Korra."

"It's okay, I have to move on from her, besides, I am sure she found someone else."

"How do you know that for sure?"

"I mean, she blocked me from everything and even changed her number, maybe she wanted to start over and maybe even has someone new."

"Korra if you don't know for sure, then maybe you shouldn't assume it."

"Okay Opal, I think I want to be alone for a while if that is okay with you."

"Sure, no problem I hope you will get better." Opal hugs Korra in order to at least calm her down a bit.

"Thank you so much Opal."

"No need to thank me, I am always there for you."

And with that, Opal walks away and waves goodbye to Korra. Korra returns the wave and starts to look at the sky.

--------------------------------------

After walking away from Korra, Opal decides to call her boyfriend Bolin.

"Hey Opal sweetheart, how are you doing?"

"I am fine thank you, listen I have a plan."

"What kind of plan do you have?"

"I just met Korra and she told me how much she misses Asami and how they have no contact at all!" "Poor Korra, that must be painful for her."

"It is, she told me how sad and bad she feels. So let me explain my plan to you."

"Sure, go ahead."

"How about, you and I arrange a meeting between the two of them?"

"A meeting? Like a date?"

"Kind of, just so they can meet each other."

"And how do you want to do this?"

"I will invite Korra to hang out with me, and you will try to reach Asami, got it?"

"Opal sweetie, do you think this is going to work?"

"I don't know, but we can try."