Chapter 20 - Suspicious

"What the fuck is happening here?!" Asami screams as she looks angrily at Korra.

"Don't ask me! Bolin invited me to hang out with him!" Korra defends herself and points at Bolin who looks at the floor.

"Asami, Korra I am so sorry... I didn't know that you Asami would be here today... I just missed Korra so much and just wanted to spend the day with her" Bolin responds shyly and looks at Asami with puppy eyes.

"Asami I am so sorry, this wasn't meant to happen!" Opal says and hopes that Asami accepts her apology.

Bolin and Opal knew from back when they tried to make Korra and Asami meet each other again in North Levi, that it was a bad idea to bring them back together. And now here they are, everyone looks confused and clueless.

"I can't fucking believe this" Asami says and facepalms herself.

"Calm down Sato you-" Korra tries to speak up but is immediately cut off.

"Don't you dare call me Sato again! I have a fucking name Korra!" Asami yells.

"I am so sorry Asami, I didn't mean to do that... can I at least talk to you normally?" Korra pleads.

"What the fuck do you want from me? You want to handcuff me again?"

"Wait what?" Bolin and Opal simultaneously ask.

"You want to arrest me and get me behind bars don't you? That is the only thing you want from me!"

Suddenly everyone is silent. Bolin and Opal look at Asami and then back at Korra. They don't understand what is going on, but Korra seems to be hurt. Korra is silent for some seconds, before she decides to speak her mind. She went to therapy because of one reason: to get Asami back, and that is a task she wants to fulfill. Even Zaheer told her to get Asami back.

"Asami, I don't want to bring you behind bars."

"Oh really? Then tell me Officer, what do you want from me?" Asami sarcastically asks and throws her hands into the air. "Come on Officer I am waiting for a response. Won't you speak already?"

Korra tries to gather as much courage as she can, because what she is about to say, may shock Asami and the others a little.

"Asami, I want you. I don't want to arrest you, I want you back as my girlfriend" Korra says trying to sound confident.

Everyone's eyes go wide. Asami, Bolin and Opal are in disbelief and Korra also is, because she really just admitted to still being in love with her ex-girlfriend. Asami blinks a few times and even pinches herself to see if she is dreaming. Asami comes to the conclusion that she is in fact not dreaming and this is really happening. Korra just confessed to Asami that she still has feelings for her, and that shocks her. When Korra kind of kidnapped Asami last week and even handcuffed her to the bed and car door, Korra was cold and distant to her. However, she remembers how Korra was talking in her sleep and even mentioned Asami, which really makes her think about everything.

"I- oh wow I am sorry if I shocked you all" Korra hesitantly says and rubs the back of her head. "I forgot to mention, I still got your notebook."

Asami is still in disbelief but finally finds words to answer Korra.

"What?"

"I got your notebook."

"Give it back to me right now!"

"Asami, is there something you want to tell me about this notebook?" Korra asks in hopes Asami would mention the folder.

"I have nothing to tell you."