Chapter 12 - Hello there

Korra enters Asami's apartment and looks around. It is a pretty big apartment and it looks very nice. She never knew that Asami has a second apartment, which makes her question when Asami bought it, because then it would mean that Asami hid it from Korra while they were dating.

Korra is getting angrier, how could Asami even hide this apartment from her, if she bought it while they were dating. Korra looks around the apartment, and sees a lot of files laying on the kitchen table. Asami is usually not a messy person, but this apartment is messier than Bolin's apartment, which is actually hard to beat.

"Yeah Zhu Li I know" someone says in the hallway. Immediately, Korra runs into a little room next to the living room with a lot of files stored in it. She lightly closes the door, so nobody hears her.

Asami enters the apartment, a phone in her one hand, and a plastic bag filled with groceries in her other hand.

"I don't know, I think I have stay here for a little longer" Asami replies and puts the bag on the kitchen counter.

"Zhu Li, I have to go now, I'll talk to you later how about that? .... Great, bye!" Asami responds and hangs up the phone.

Before making herself some food, Asami quickly goes to the bathroom, and therefore gives Korra the chance to come out of the little storage room. She has the brilliant idea to place Asami's grocery bag in front of the bathroom door, hide behind the couch and wait for her to come out and notice it.

After a few minutes, Asami opens the bathroom door and stops walking when she sees the bag on the floor. She looks around her apartment scared and takes a fighting stance. As she is looking at the bag, she hears a voice that scares her.

"Hello there" Korra says while coming out from behind the couch.

"Korra?" Asami asks with a scared and confused tone. "What are you doing in my apartment?!"

Asami goes a few steps back. She is taken aback that her ex-girlfriend is standing in front of her. Suddenly, her heart starts to beat faster as she looks at her. Asami notices how her feelings for Korra came back even stronger than before.

"You never learn to close the door" Korra says with an angry expression and shakes her head.

"Oh fuck! It still doesn't mean that you are allowed to come in!"

Asami then notices that Korra has her police uniform on, she knows that if she doesn't escape Korra will arrest her. She didn't expect Chief Beifong to send Korra to arrest her ex-girlfriend.

"Let me guess, you are the officer investigating and you are here to arrest me?" Asami says in an annoyed tone.

"Are you the one asking the questions now or what?" Korra asks with an angry tone. "How about I ask a question too? Since when are you and Kuvira together?" Korra hisses.

"What the fuck are you talking about!" Asami shouts. "You have the audacitiy to break into my apartment, shout at me and then accuse me of being together with Kuvira?! It's just like back then when you also thought I cheated on you with Kuvira, even though I never did!"

"Answer the damn question!" Korra yells.

"Why do you even care? We are not together, you have no say in my life whatsoever! It is none of your business!"

"Okay how about another question, since when do you have this apartment?"

"Why do you care?" Asami asks irritated.

"Have you been hiding this from me, while we were dating?!" Korra hollers.

"Gosh Korra no! I bought it after we broke up, I wanted to get away from Republic City and.... stop interrogating me!"

"You don't want me to interrogate you? How about I show you something."

Korra pulls Asami's notebook out of her bagpack and holds it up, so Asami can see it clearly. Her face expression changes, and Asami looks very mad.

"My notebook?! You thief! How and where did you get this?"

"I have my ways" Korra replies smiling.

"You are a fucking stalker do you know that?" Asami shouts and clenches her fists.

"Thanks, as a police officer and stalker, it is my duty to arrest you and bring you to the police station right now!"

"If you give me my notebook sure" Asami says and hopes Korra returns it.

"If you admit to cheating on me with Kuvira sure" Korra says with a very angry expression on her face.

That made Asami boil with anger and she takes one step forward.

"For fucks sake Korra, I even told you back then, I never cheated on you with her! I never cheated anyway!" Asami replies angrily.

"Then why did you kiss her yesterday?"

"How do you know? Have you been stalking me you creep?!"

"ANSWER!" Korra shouts and points at Asami with her notebook.

"She forced herself on me, I never wanted that. I never loved Kuvira nor will I ever! I always tell you the truth Korra, I only loved you! Never did I ever love that dumb bitch!" Asami screams and tears up. "When will you fucking believe me?! The lack of trust is one of the reasons you and I broke up and you know that!"

"Oh so it is my fucking fault that we broke up?" Korra asks and raises an eyebrow.

"You are really starting to piss me off-" Asami yells but is cut off by her ringtone.

Asami's phone rings and both look at the direction of the phone, which is behind them on the kitchen table. Asami uses this distraction and her anger towards Korra, to tackle her. She tries to get her notebook back, it has all of the informations of her clients, and on the last page of the notebook, there is a secret folder that Korra isn't supposed to see.

Both land on the floor, Korra on her back and Asami on top of her. The CEO snatches the notebook out of Korra's hands, and tries to stand up. Immediately, she is brought back to the floor again by Korra. They both wrestle on the floor, however Asami manages to hit Korra's nose, which makes Korra wince in pain and let go of her ex-lover. Asami quickly takes her notebook, phone, car keys and runs out of the apartment.

"COME BACK!" Korra shouts and tries to stand up.

"Leave me alone!" Asami shouts back.