Chapter 7 - The assistant

Korra is still starring at the sky, thinking about how she can find Asami's location. One option could be to call her again and somehow try to arrange a meeting with her. The other option would be to ask all of Asami's friends where she could be.

"But what if her friends tell Asami that I am searching for her? She will definitely avoid me for sure." Korra tries to think of other ways, but nothing comes to her mind.

"Maybe I should check her home again and see, if she possibly returned."

Still starring at the sky, she seems to be sunken into her deep thoughts, but at least she has a plan to visit Asami's mansion again.

------------------------------------------

"Oh no where is it!"

Asami shouts desperately through her apartement.

"No no no no! How could I forget my stupid notebook!"

She looks everywhere for her notebook where all of her clients contacts are, just to be disappointed.

"It must be at my mansion, but I can't go back!"

Asami decides to call Zhu Li to get her the notebook, so she could at least send a picture of the pages. She picks up her phone to dial Zhu Li's number.

"Hello Asami, is everything alright?"

"No Zhu Li, I accidentally left my important notebook with my clients informations at home. Could you please try to get the notebook from my house and send me pictures of it?"

"Of course I can, but how will I get into your home?"

"In my office there is a hiding place behind a small picture near my window. There is my key to my house."

"Alright, I will head over now."

"Thank you Zhu Li, you always save me from anything."

"That is my job."

----------------------------------------

Zhu Li goes into Asami's office to find the key to the CEO's home.

"Wow, I didn't know that she has a hiding space like that, pretty smart."

The assistant then exits the building through the back door, enters the car and drives off to Asami's home.

After around 15 minutes, Zhu Li arrives at the CEO's mansion and opens the heavy gate with a weird looking key. She then walks over to the front door to open it. Zhu Li peeks into the mansion to make sure no one is there. The assistant reaches for her phone to call Asami, because she doesn't know where the notebook is.

"Asami? A question, where do you keep your notebook?"

"It is in my bedroom, there is a small safe. You can find the key in a little cabinet in the bathroom."

"Alright wait" Zhu Li answers and makes her way to the bathroom. There she finds a cabinet with a lot of things like medicine, shampoo etc. in it.

"Where exactly in the cabinet is it?"

"There is a little hideout space behind a big bottle of shampoo, it is a pink one, can you see it?"

"Yes I can... okay I put the shampoo away, now what?"

"Just push against the wall of it."

"Push? Wait.... oh that is a very very small space for a key, but wow, that is a pretty smart hideout for important things."

"Thank you!"

"Okay and your safe is in your bedroom right?"

"Yes, it is in my closet."

With that, Zhu Li walks over to look into Asami's closet and finds a little safe in the corner. She uses the key to open the safe.

"Um Asami?"

"Yes?"

"Bad news."

"Oh no don't tell me."

"There is nothing in it."

"What do you mean there is nothing? I know exactly that there was something! I have a few other files that I took from there here. If it is not in my safe, it must be in my office."

"So, do you want me to search through your office in the Future Industries building?" Zhu Li aks.

"Yes please, I am so sorry Zhu Li, but this notebook is very important to me."

"It is okay, I will put everything back and then head over again."

"Thank you Zhu Li."

Zhu Li hangs up the phone.

"Well, now I have to put everything back." She closes the safe and puts the key back in the cabinet.

------------------------------------------

"Here we go again" Korra says while driving to Asami's mansion.

Maybe this time she will have luck and even find Asami there. Again she is driving to the place she once called her second home. Memories start to flood her mind where she and Asami spent a lot of time together in the mansion. "Like teenage girls having a sleep over. I miss those times" Korra's voice starts to break a little, but she tries to hold her emotions back.

About 20 minutes go by and Korra arrives at the mansion. When she is about to step out of the car, someone exits Asami's home.

"Could that possibly be Asami?" Korra asks herself and decides not to leave the car.

A brown haired woman comes through the gate, and she seems to be very familiar to Korra.

"I know this woman, I don't remember her name, but I know that she is Asami's assistant. Maybe this is my chance to get closer to Asami!" Korra exclaims and waits for the woman to get into her car and drive off.

Korra follows her and hopes that she will lead her to Asami.