Chapter 8 - Spying

Much to Korra's disappointment, Zhu Li leads her to the Future Industries building. There may be a chance that Asami is in this building, so Korra decides to follow the assistant who parks at the back of the building. The assistant exits the car and walks over to the back doors. Korra immediately parks her car too, and runs so she can catch the door before it closed. Lucky for her, the door is pretty slow so she could easily enter the building. Korra sees an elevator door closing and runs up to it to see, to which floor it goes.

"Floor 11, Asami's office is in that floor" Korra thinks to herself and takes another elevator, and presses the number 11.

After a few seconds, the doors of the elevator open and she peeks through the doors to see, where the assistant is. Korra decides to walk out and looks around the long hallway with many doors and a red carpet. She knows exactly where the CEO's office is. Back when they used to date, Korra always came to visit her girlfriend and brought her lunch, because she knows that Asami has a lot to do, and can't afford a break to go get some food.

*FLASHBACK*

"Knock knock" Korra says behind Asami's office door.

"Who is there?" Asami asks curiously.

"Hatch" Korra says and enters the office.

"Hatch who?" Asami asks confused.

"Bless you" Korra says and bursts out laughing.

"Ha Ha Korra, you are so funny."

"I know right? Anyway, I brought you some lunch, I thought that you would have no time to get yourself some, so I decided I will bring the food to you."

"You are so sweet, thank you so much" Asami says and stands up to hug Korra.

Korra returns the hug, but Asami suddenly pulls away.

"What happenend?" Korra asks concerned wondering, why Asami broke off the hug so quickly.

Not only one second passes and Korra feels the CEO's lips against hers.

*FLASHBACK END*

Korra walks to the office carefully. She walks past many doors and then finally she sees a normal looking door with a sign "Asami Sato" on it. Suddenly, she hears a voice coming from the office, it is Asami's assistant talking to her phone. Korra can't make up what the assistant is saying and whom she is talking to, so Korra takes the risk and stands next to the half open door to peek in. She sees the assistant going through Asami's stuff, a phone in her left hand.

"It is not here, I can't find the notebook....I am sorry but I looked everywhere!" the assistant says.

"What notebook?" Korra asks herself quietly and then realization hits her. The assistant is searching for THE NOTEBOOK, the book where all the contact informations of all of Asami's clients are. "Wait, so that means the assistant is talking to Asami right now, and apparently, she needs the notebook. I think I might have an idea" Korra thinks to herself and sneakily walks over to the elevator and exits the building.

--------------------------------

"I can't believe it Zhu Li, where else is this stupid notebook supposed to be?"

"I don't know Asami, but it is definitely not in your home and not in your office" Zhu Li replies.

"I can't believe it, ugh, thank you Zhu Li for searching."

"It's okay, but what are you going to do?"

"I will try to find a document on my laptop, where I could have possibly wrote some info in it in the past. I can only hope I did. I don't know why I kept everything in that notebook instead of saving it on my laptop."

"Yeah that is not pretty smart of you, but I wish you good luck boss, I will also try to gather all of the informations I can find about our clients if you want to."

"No it is okay Zhu Li, I know you have a lot to do, let this be my problem."

"Alright Asami, if you say so, but if you need me I am here for you."

"Thank you very much, goodbye." Asami hangs up the phone and lays her head onto the kitchen table.

"I can't believe this."