→ you're not alone

Warnings: nervous steve ?? , a bit angst (family talk) , fluff
i miss el, max & steve ;((

this was supposed to be about el exposing y/n but ...
it got deep and i think a heart to heart talk would be great too
+ let's just say nancy & steve weren't together for this imagine

steve harrington x hopper!reader

"i would drop everything to marry your daughter."

it's a sunday, and your bestfriend steve, drove to your house, in attempt to help him study for the upcoming test. steve invited you first in their house, but your dad, hopper, didn't agree to it. not because he doesn't trust steve, but because he thinks it would be safer if you stayed at home with eleven while he is in his duty as the chief of hawkins.

"i'm not gonna remember all of this by tomorrow." steve pouted, lying down on his back to your bed as he stared up at you while you go through the flashcards you made for him. "come on, steve. i know you will. just..bring this with you," you grabbed his hand and gave him the flashcards. "and study them at your house when you get home." you smiled.

you heard the door open from outside, assuming it's el who was shopping with max at the mall. "el?" you called, before hearing the door from your bedroom to open slowly. "hi." the girl mumbled before her eyes averted to steve. "what's..steve doing here?" she asks as she walks towards you both. max then followed, and her eyebrows immediately jumped as she saw the two of you.

"looks like we interrupted something.." max stifled a laugh. "max!" you yelled as your face warmed up. "we were just studying for the test tomorrow." you answered calmly and el nodded slowly as max was still looking at you and steve. "okay."

el started to walk out but stopped as if she remembered something. "hey, y/n," she squinted her eyes at you. "i remember you telling me something about steve."

your eyes widened and your heart started beating fast. you tried remembering everything you had told el. you kept your eyes at the girl while steve turned his head to look at you. "w-what?" you asked nervously. "you told me you have a crush—"

"no!" you yelled, startling everyone in the room. el flinched while max formed an 'o' on her mouth. "no?" you can tell by the look on el's face that she was shocked and confused. "no." you said more calmly.

"but, friends don't lie."

"i'm not..lying." you broke eye contact from the girl. there was a few seconds of silence before you spoke again. "girls, can you please go outside for a minute? i'll talk to you guys later." you said as you placed your hands on their back, trying to make them go outside your room. as they finally got out, you shut the door and heard giggles from outside. you sighed before slowly turning to face steve—who has a smirk playing on his lips.

you caught his gaze, making you embarrassed even more. "no, harrington, i swear to god, i didn't say anything to el." he started to laugh, "so you're saying she's lying?"

"no—yes." you corrected yourself. he remained silent, staring at you, seemingly waiting for you to say something else. you let out a sigh, "i'm sorry." steve sat up, "sorry for what?" he asks, concern crossing his face.

you had the confidence to look at him in the eyes. "look, i like you. very much. okay? and i didn't mean to catch feelings for you," you averted your eyes from him to the bed. "i...you can ditch me if you want, i'm sorry because i just don't want to lose a friend and you're like, the most amazing person i've met. i've liked you since middle school and i'm pretty sure i'm in love with you." you looked back into his eyes and your eyes widened, your hand flew to cover your mouth, realizing you confessed your love and how much you admire him.