→ different

Idk what a/n to put, how are y'all doing while on quarantine?
Also I updated my 'sweetener' (s.h x reader) yesterday! Read it if you haven't seen it already. :3

It was a cold gloomy night, I covered my whole body with the blanket and kept shifting postions, trying to get some sleep before the sun rises

It was a cold gloomy night, I covered my whole body with the blanket and kept shifting postions, trying to get some sleep before the sun rises. I shot up, looked upon the clock that was hanging above my bed and it was past 4am. There is no chance I'd be getting sleep today. I let out a sigh in despair as I threw myself back into bed and glued my eyes on the ceiling.

A sudden knock on my window crashed my thoughts and I frantically jolted from my bed. There can be only one person that always do this in the middle of the night, but it always happen when my parents are around, this time I was alone so an alarmed feeling rushed up throughout my body. I tiptoed my way to the window and squinted my eyes as I saw the figure of a man with a bushy brown hair that I definitely recognize. I opened the window and found Steve on the other side which made me feel relieved. I placed my hand on the windowsill while the other supporting the window, glaring at the boy in front of me who has an innocent-like smile.

"You scared the shit out of me, you know that?" I smacked his arm using the back of my hand as soon as he got inside my room successfully, stumbling a bit. I closed the window and he waited for me to face him again before replying. "You know I always come up through here, why so scared all of a sudden, sweetheart?" he smirked and raised his eyebrows at me as I crossed my arms, trying to hide my blush because of the nickname he mentioned.

"Well, my parents aren't around and I'm all alone, asshat." I rolled my eyes and sat back on my bed. He mimicked me and runs his fingers through his hair. "So, this was a great timing then?" he mocked with that heck of a smirk spread around his face that illuminates with the faint light from the bedside lamp.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, refraining to show the fluster on my face. "Shut up, why're you even here? Another girl problem?" I questioned and turned my head with a small chuckle, meeting his honey brown eyes with mine. "I don't know.. I can't sleep, I just needed someone to distract me from overthinking, and I know it's you." he let out a smile on the last few words which made the butterflies on my stomach go nuts. I ended up staring fixedly on his eyes for a moment, which only made him chuckle that caught me off guard.

"What?" my eyebrows furrowed, pretending as if nothing happened. "Getting lost in my eyes now, L/n?" I huffed in response, "You wish, Harrington." I got to my feet, heading towards the door. "Where are you going?" he asked, still sitting down on the bed. "I'm hungry, let's go downstairs, I think I still have chips in the cupboard. Might as well watch a movie." he nodded and followed me as I headed out of my room.

*

The movie must've been boring because we ended up falling asleep on the sofa. I didn't realize how long we've been lying there until a light shone through the curtains, touching my skin, almost blinding me. I attempted to get up and continue dozing off on my bed upstairs but struggled to move when I realized that a heavy arm was wrapped around my waist, realizing Steve was right beside me, fast asleep. I felt my cheeks turn to tinted red as I studied his angelic face lying beside me. I smiled to myself about the situation, letting his warm breath brush on my skin. My train of thoughts was interrupted by him groaning and pulling me closer, which didn't help my flustered face and it just made my heart beat bounce in my chest.