→ heather [1]

Warnings: sadness ahead:(
This one is pretty long so I will split it into two parts !

"I just wish I were her."

Walking along the hallway with your best friend, Steve Harrington, he wraps his arm around your shoulder. You stopped by your locker, Steve stood beside you, leaning on one of them.

"Nice sweater." Steve quipped, grinning as he said. You blushed as you looked down to your sweater—which was actually his, but he gave it to you because he told you it looked better on you. Also you loved his scent. He never knew how much that meant to you, for him it's probably just a best friend act, but you thought it was more.

"Thanks, someone gave it to me." you smirked, glancing towards him.

"Hey, um.." he started, his hands in his pockets as you put your things inside your locker. You took a glance at him, not really wanting to make eye contact. "I was thinking, maybe we could watch a movie at our house tonight? I mean, it's been awhile since we did that tradition, you know." he asked, pushing his hair with his hands away from his face.

Your face lit up, and he wasn't wrong, it has been awhile since you two hang out alone. Not just because you're getting ready for college and all, but his time for you got lesser and lesser when his girlfriend, Nancy Wheeler, always comes along. She wasn't a stranger to you, in fact you guys we're kind of friends, but not as close as your relationship with Steve.

"Sure! Yeah, I'll make sure to bring food. Our fave." you smiled happily, glad that he actually still have time for you. "Great! I.. didn't actually think you would come but, I'm happy you will." he flashes his popular smile that you adored in a very long time. "Of course I would go. Why would you think I wouldn't come?" you questioned, furrowing your eyebrows as you closed your locker.

"Because," he exhales sharply. "I don't know. I thought you were upset with me..for not having much time for you recently." he frowns. "Oh, you. Stevie, you're so adorable." you cooed, making him to roll his eyes playfully.

Your smile disappeared when someone caught your eye behind Steve.

"Hi, babe!" Nancy kissed his cheek and his eyes lit up even more, making your heart break into million pieces. How many times you had wished that you were her. "Hey." he grins, before wrapping his arm around her waist. "Hi, Y/n!" she smiled at you.

"Hi, Nance. Um, sorry, I..better go." you rushed, before looking at Steve again, "See you tonight." you mumbled, smiling sadly before walking away, trying not to break down in front of them and not waiting for any of them to respond.

You got home, and as soon as you closed your bedroom door, you couldn't take it anymore. You broke down, tears flowing from both of your eyes. "Why can't I just be her?" you asked yourself as you flopped down on the bed, your face buried on one of your pillows—a special pillow, a pillow which you always cried on to for the same reason.

You heard a soft knock from your door, "Y/n? Can I come in?" your brother, Dustin, asks. You sighed, "It's unlocked." you said, your voice muffled through the pillow. You heard the door opened, closing gently after.

"What's wrong this time?" he asks in concern, sitting on your bed. Dustin was always there for you, no matter what reason. He always gives out the best advice, though you were the older one and should be the one that's looking after him.

You took a deep breath and sat up beside him. "Same shit." you shrugged, laughing coldly.

The boy nodded, understanding what you said. He knows about your feelings towards Steve, since the beginning. I mean, you can't really hide that, the fact that he's your brother and his friendship with Steve is inseparable.