→ awkward

Warnings: fluff
Since you guys like this book (I hope so anyway), I'll be posting imagines again! Thank you for the support, it boosts my motivation to write more. <3

"Shut up, you love me."
"Never said I didn't."

After you drank a lot of alcohol, Steve carried you bridal style, making your way to his car. "Steeeve." you whined, throwing your hands up around his neck. "Hold on, idiot." he mumbles as he struggled to put you down in the passengers seat, but successfully placed you down and buckled you up.

The ride was full of whining and telling Steve how much you wanted to stay the night at Ally's, the one who hosts the party, who is also a friend of Nancy.

"Alright," he inhaled sharply, "We're here." he breathed out as he pulls over in front of his house. You slowly opened your eyes, your head resting on the car window. "Already?" you slurred, it's been a 20 minute drive from Ally's to Steve's house, could've been 40 if he drove straight to your home so he decided to go with the closest one.

"Yes, now take the seatbelt off." Steve chuckled at your adorableness. He watched as you struggle to unbuckle your seatbelt, so he had to help you out. Your fingers brushing made your cheeks turn red, but Steve tried putting in his mind that it's just because you're drunk. Nothing else.

When you finally undid the belt, he hopped off the car and went to your side to assist you from getting out as well. He offered his hand for you to reach but you refused. "I can.. do it" you hiccuped as you said.

As you tried to hop off the car seat, you bumped your head, causing you to groan in pain as Steve chuckled.

"You're a dumbass," he laughs. "Shut up, you love me." you replied casually. "Never said I didn't." he shrugged.

You both got inside his house and gently put you down his bed. "Here, get cleaned up and put these on." Steve says as he tossed you his shirt—which is large enough for you, and his pajamas.

After you got out of the shower, you saw Steve waiting for you as he was laying on the bed, his hand supporting his head from the pillow. As soon as he saw you, he got to his feet and was about to leave the room.

"Don't leave yet." you mumbled but Steve was able to hear. He didn't question you, instead he nodded and sat back down.

You both shifted positions so you two are sitting next to each other. "What were you thinking?" you asked him as you turned your head to him. His eyes were glued at the ceiling, as if he was thinking something deep.

"Just this girl..that I like." he answers, "Wow, Steve Harrington finally moved on from Nancy Wheeler? What a surprise." you joked, trying to ease the pain in your heart because of his words.

He rolls his eyes, "Screw you." he snaps as he nudged your arm, "You love me." you smiled in triumphal to yourself. "I do." he muttered as he finally took the chance to gaze into your eyes, making your heart pound and the butterfly on your stomach to flutter. "Now, who's this girl we talking about?" you questioned as you looked away from his gaze.

"You know her." he answers, you turned your head to him again, "I do?" you queried in shock. He nodded his head as a response, "Well, the only girls I know are Nancy and Robin." you pointed out. "Nance already has Jonathan, Robin likes girls, she has Tammy. So.. Who is it?"

Steve sighed, thinking you're already sober enough to remember all this. "Don't tell me it's Mrs. Wheeler, I swear to—Ow! The hell?" you exclaimed as he pinched your side. "That's gross, Y/n. That's my ex's mom you're talking about!" he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I was clearly kidding! Jesus, just tell me who it is and I'll shut up." you said as you looked at him in the eyes.

"You."

He mumbled but you weren't sure if you heard him right. "What?"

"You, Y/n L/n. I like you." he said. "Y-You like like me? Like in a romantic way?" you questioned. You're making this ten times more awkward, Y/n. You thought to yourself. "I thought you said you would shut up after I told you who it was." he tilted his head to the side.

"Yeah, sorry. I was just.. confused?" you stated but it came out as a questioning tone. "Confused?" he repeated.

"Surprised."

"Surprised?" he repeated again, "I don't know." you mumbled. "You don't know?" he once again repeated.

"Yes! I don't know! I don't know what to feel when my big fat crush since middle school just confessed to me that he likes me too!" you exclaimed then it went silent. Both of you were left in shock by your words.

You felt like you wanted to sink in the bed and just hide forever, not knowing what to do next after the both of you were left in an awkward situation. You laid down on the bed and Steve slowly did the same, both of you facing the opposite the direction.

You hesitantly rolled over to face him, and again he mimicked your actions. "So.. Can I.." he lifts his arm up. You glanced at it, knowing what he was asking for. You always loved it when he asks for consent, it made you like him even more.

"Of course, you can. It's not like we don't do it all the time." you giggled before giving him a bear hug.

You cuddled until midnight hits, and you both fell asleep in each other's arms peacefully.