→ lovebirds

Warnings: fluff, cursing
I wanna thank DJONATION for supporting and voting every part of this book, I really appreciate it! ❤️

"Alright, lovebirds. Cut the bullshit."

"Maybe you, uh, want to go out sometime?" Steve asked one of the girls who just started giggling, "Uh, no, I'm busy." the girl with curly black hair declined as she licks on her ice cream. While you were there at the back room, peeking through the window as your best friend for about 6 years continues to flirt (well at least try to) with other girls.

You cringed at the sight, not only because you like Steve, but also because of how he is handling the conversation and trying to 'flirt'.

Squinting your eyes as Steve tries to have a casual conversation with the girl and failing to do so. You rolled your eyes and let out a huff, shutting the window as he sighed in defeat when the girls strolled away.

"He's still trying." you shook your head in disappointment and Robin let out a grin, "I know. I mean, why can't he just ask you out?"

Robin knows about your not-so-little crush on Steve, ever since you were in highschool. She wasn't fond about it at first, but as the years went by, she saw how Steve improved as a person—in which you loved about him even more. "He only sees me as a friend, probably a sister, and I'd rather have that than no friendship at all." you sighed. She was about to object but she knew that you would argue back, so she shrugged it off.

The brunette girl stood up beside you while carrying a board, which clearly states that Steve sucks. You stepped aside as Robin slides the window open.

"And another one bites the dust," Robin gives Steve a sarcastic smile as he turned around to face you two. "You are oh-for-six, Popeye." you pursed your lips and rested your elbow on Robin's shoulder as you met gaze with Steve—getting lost in his honey brown eyes for a second.

"Yeah, yeah, I can count." the boy nodded as he folded his arms over his chest. "You know that means you suck." Robin glances at the board and I nodded along.

"Yep, I can read, too."

"Since when?" you raised your eyebrows at him.

Steve's break, you hung out with him in the back room. He was eating a banana while you were just there, your arms on the table and resting your head over it.

While he was busy eating, you couldn't help yourself but to stare at his face, he looked gorgeous in any angle. His perfect chestnut hair, honey brown eyes, arched eyebrows, pink lips.

You didn't know how long you've been studying his features until..

"Oh, stop it you. Daydreaming about me, Y/n?" he cooed as he waves his hand in front of you. You flinched at the sudden outburst of the brunette, you sat up and rolled your eyes laughing coldly, trying to hide your embarrassment.

"Daydreaming?" you scoffed and crossed your arms, "You couldn't even get one girl today, and you expect me to daydream about you? Dream on, Harrington. Dream on." you didn't mean it to be that harsh but to Steve it's nothing new.

The brunette raised his hands up in defense, "Geesh, okay." he chuckled.

Robin apparently heard your conversation with the boy, as she suddenly opened the window to the back room. "Why so defensive, Y/n?" she teased, grinning after. You flipped your head towards her and widened your eyes as a signal for her to shut up.