Chapter 6 - Bad News

Walking into the building, I thought about the kiss Reid had just giving me. J.J said she didn't seen anything, but I know her tell and knew she was lying.

"Good. You're here." Hotch said as J.J. an I walked into the round table room. "Garcia, go ahead."

"Ok. So here is what I found. So turns out. There were ten women killed by Christian Bell. All had red hair and had about the same social status. As we figured, these women were probably surrogates for out beloved Clarity." She said, clicking the remove, putting pictures of the victims on the screen.

Reid grabbed my hand under the table and started to rub his fingers over my knuckles. "What else do we have Garcia?" Reid said, looking at the pictures. I could feel his hand squeeze my hand, which he probably didn't even notice it. "Anything on the partner?"

"Sadly, his name was never mentioned in any of the files." She said, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"How did Bell cut a deal if he never mentioned a name? If he did, there would something." Rossi said, confused. "Who was the DA that was assigned to Bell's case?"

"Barry Miller." Derek said, tossing the file on the table.

"Garcia, do some digging. There is something here that we're not seeing. Find it." Hotch said. "J.J. you go with Reid back to Clarity's house and see if you can find any footprints, or anything. Morgan, take Clarity to get something to eat. "Rossi and I are going to go down to the police station and see if there are any recent murders or stalking reports filed."

"Hotch, I wanna help. Don't put me out." I begged.

"Clarity, you are going to help by eating and keeping your strength up. I need you to have a strong mind and body for this case." He said and then turned and walked away.

"You do need to eat, Clar. You didn't eat anything you made last night. In fact, you only made enough for me. Please go." Spencer said, grabbed my hand.

I sighed, knowing I was caught. "Fine. But we need to talk later." I walked away and went to the elevator. I heard him say something to someone in the room before I reached the elevator.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I slightly turned around to see the end of Spencer's sweater. The elevator opened and I stepped in. He stepped in behind me and pressed the 'close door' button. "What did we need to talk about?" He asked, a step away from me.

"Why did you kiss me?" I questioned. "It doesn't really make sense and you didn't really have a good reason to."

"For the past few months, you and I have been getting very close. We spend countless hours together and then you say something I have wanted to say to you for a long time." He paused for me to say something but when I didn't, he continued. He turned me to face him and gripped my upper arms "I love you Clarity Michelle. And the fact that there is someone out there that is wanting to hurt you and take you away, I am honestly scared to death! I don't want to lose you. I know it's stupid to not want to lose something that's not even yours but I don't wan.."

I shut him up by bringing my lips to his and holding onto him as if my life depended on it. I smiled when I felt his tongue on my lips. I opened my mouth and let his tongue touch mine. He pulled me closer and pushed against the small of mt back. He broke away from the kiss and starting kissing down my neck and kissed my collar bone, but pulled away just before the door opened.

"I can't leave you." He said grabbing my hand. "I'm going to tell Morgan to go with J.J. I'm going with you."

"No. J.J. will keep my safe and I have this." I patted my 9MM. I kiss his nose, "I'll be ok. Go with her. I'll be in touch." My phone rang and I answered it without looking "SSA Jones." I listened to the voice on the other end of the phone. I screamed and dropped to my knees. "No! No! No! Not this!"

Spencer picked up my phone and spoke into it. "This is SSA Dr. Spencer Reid, who is this?" He listened to them and finally said "Thank you. Goodbye." Reid dialed a number on my phone "Hotch, there's be another murder. This time, Clarity knew the victim. It was her best friend from Oklahoma, Nichole Anderson." He waited for a response and said, "Alright, I'll get her home and start packing." He ended the call and picked me up wedding style and carried me outside to his car.

"Where are we going Spencer?" I asked through the gasps of air and tears.

"You are going home and I am taking you there." He replied, speeding out of the parking lot.

"No! I wanna go with you. Please don't leave me. What if he finds me!" I screamed hysterically, wrapping my arms around his and throwing my head in chest.

He pulled into my driveway and threw the car in park. He rushed to my side, picking me up and ran to my door step. He grabbed the key from my bag and opens the door, shutting it behind him. He walked straight to my room and put me on my bed. When he tried to let me go, I held on tight and started crying harder. "Please don't leave me Reid! Please!" I begged.

"I'm not leaving you sweetheart." He said, picking me up and putting me in his lap as he sat on the bed. "We have to get you packed so we can get to Oklahoma. As far as we know, Christian is still in prison, and unless the same guy who left the note hopped on a plane, we might be looking for two different people."

"But if he knew I was working with the FBI and figured out we were finding him, he would of left. So it's possible it was him, right?" I asked, starting to regain my composure.

"Yes and no. If he knew you were here, why not just take you? Why kill Nichole? Why now after all that time?" He said.

"Oh God! So you think there is more than one killer in my life that aren't even related?" That broke the composure I had built up and I started balling again.

"Again, yes and no. The two people might be working together just not in contact after every event." He caressed my hair and cuddled me.

"I'm gonna go pack your bags. You stay here, ok?" His voice was warm and very alert. He stood up and placed me back on my bed. I laid on my side and closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.