Chapter 3 - To Catch A Killer

Spencer and I walked back into the bar, hand in hand and went straight to where the team was sitting. It was ironic because they were sitting at a round table. Just like back at the office. I laughed to myself at the thought.

Derek, J.J., Emily, and Penelope all whistled and hollered at rhe fact we were holding hands, but when they seen the look on our faces, it stopped. "Clarity had a letter dropped off on her doorstep right before J.J. picked her up." Spencer said letting go of my hand.

"This isn't the first letter I have gotten." I took a deep breath. "Before I moved here to Quantico, I was being stalked by a named Christian Bell." I looked down and heard Penelope gasp.

"That's the reason I brought her here. A few people were killed and it seemed they were surrogates for Clarity. We caught him and he has been in prison for a good two years now." Hotch said. "She had worked on the case almost all by herself. She knew who it was before I even got there." He continued.

"That's why you felt for a month for no reason those two years ago? Why not take the team?" Derek asked, feeling left out and almost bitter.

"There hasn't been any killings around here lately so I didn't really think anything about it. But while Spence and I were dancing, someone bumped into us and he said the exact same thing the note had written on it. Hotch, what if he is out?" I said panic attack setting in.

"You would have been notified by the prison of his release." Hotch said, trying to remain calm, but I could see the thing in his eye. The thing that secretly said he was worried and fearful that this was either a copycat or worse. Him.

"Should we head to the office and look into it? Maybe send the letter to forensic and see if they can get a print off of it?" Spencer offered, sounding more concerned than with the usual case. Which make me think he might actually have some feelings. Or he just was worried about his friends.

"Yes. Make sure they know who all has touched it. So they know it wasn't one of you. Who all has touched it?" Hotch asked us.

"Only Reid, me, and the UnSub." I said, looking at the note in Reid's hand. The way his wrote my name on the front make my stomach turn. I felt sick all of a sudden. I let go of Spencer's hand and ran to the bathroom, going into the closest stall and pulling my hair behind me head and throwing up the entire content of my stomach.

"Clarity? Are you ok?" I heard Emily asked. I know she wasn't alone by the multiple sounds of footsteps.

"Did you have to much to drink? Do you need a soda?" Penelope asked, knocking on the stall door.

I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet, and sat down. "I haven't drank anything tonight. I think it's just nerves. But a soda sounds nice. Thanks Garcia." I said opening the door. Emily handed me a paper towel and I wiped away the tears from my eyes.

We walked back to the table and Derek pulled me to sit beside him and he pulled my head to his chest an he stroked my hair softly. I glanced up and saw the look in Spencer's eyes. Jealously? Sadness? Frustration? Who knows. "Do you want someone to stay with you tonight?" Derek asked softly to were only the team could hear him.

I didn't have the strength in my voice to say yes so I just nodded. "I'll stay with you, Clarity." Emily said grabbing my hand.

"That's ok, Emily. I'll stay with her. You need your rest. I can work on finding a few things out while she sleeps. That is if that's ok with you." Reid said with a huge smile.

"I just don't wanna be alone." I murmured, more to myself than the team.