Chapter 5 - Confessions

The sun shown in through the open curtains. It was way to bright, so I rolled out of bed and walked over to the window and looks outside. It was so pretty. I shut the curtains and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to see how bad my hair looked. It was still in the bun from lasr night so it wasn't totally horrible.

I walked back into my room and looked at my bed and froze. "Reid?" There he lay, on this own side of the bed. He was on top of the comforter, which did make it seem a little better. I don't remember a lot from last night. I quickly walked to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee.

"Good morning, beautiful." Spencer said, giving me a one arm hug. He seemed perfectly fine with the fact.

I sat at the breakfast bar and twirled my thumbs around each other. "Umm, Spence?" I started, nervous about my next set of words. "Do you know that we slept in the same bed last night."

"Yeah. You were screaming and were showing signs of an early panic attack. I went to check on you to see if you were ok, and I sat by you on the floor. I decided to sit on the bed next to you and as soon as I did, you turned over and put your head on my chest. I didn't wanna wake you up so I just stayed in there with you." He poured both of us a cup of coffee and sat mine in from of me. "I hope you're not mad. You just see me stressed."

I relaxed and closed my eyes. "Oh. That sounds like me. I usually never wake up with nightmares. So thats not surprising."

"You talk in your sleep." He said with a smile.

I jerked my head up and was about to say something when there waa a knock at the door. To avoid finding out the answer to my unasked question, I ran to answer the door. "Good morning!" Penelope said, holding a box of doughnuts. J.J. ans Derek were standing behind her and I looked at J.J. with a look of panic.

"Come in guys." I said, stepping aside and lettuce them come in. J.J. entered last. "You guys make yourself at home. Reid is in the kitchen. I gotta show J.J. something." I said before running off to my bedroom with J.J.'s arm in my grip.

I shut the door and turned to face her. My back against the door to hold it shut. "So I had a nightmare and walked on the verge of a panic attack last night and guess who came to my rescue?" I said with wide eyes.

J.J. put a hand over her mouth to try, and fail, at hiding her smile. "Oh goodness." She giggled.

"Reid told me I talk in my sleep. Right after he told that I pretty much cuddled up and slept on his chest." I panicked.

Derek knocked on the door "You girls ok? Do I need to send in a search party?" He joked.

I opened the door and looked at him. I must have had a look of complete terror on my face because he walked closer and grabbed my arm. "You ok, mama?" He asked.

I tried to fake a smile but I couldn't. "Yeah, I'm good."I said walking past him to the kitchen.

"So what have we found out." I said, picking up my coffee and chugging it.

"Umm, yeah. Christian's records are sealed. It took about two minutes but I cracked them. He was given a deal by the DA for giving up info on the partner." Garcia said looking at he screen.

"Partner!" I yelled at her. "There was a partner! No one ever told me that." I grabbed the bar to steady myself. "I need some air." I said, walking to the front door and slamming it behind me.

I walked to the tree in my front yard. It has a homemade swing in it from the previous family who had three little girls. I sat down and put my head in my hands. "What am I gonna do?" I asked myself.

I heard the door close and someone started to push me in the swing slowly. "We'll find them. Whoever they are. Wherever they are. We'll find them and put them away in jail." Spencer said, softly with an angelic voice.

"What did I say last night?" I asked without fear and hesitation.

He stopped pushing and walked around in front of me, and squatted down, taking my hands. "You said "I love you Spence. Very soft and almost not loud enough for me to hear." He said with a straight face and looking me in the eyes.

I just looked at him with a dropped jaw. "I'm so sorry. I didn't really have an explanation for that one." I said, dropping my head in shame.

"Clarity Michelle Jones," he said pulling my chin up and meet in my eyes. "Don't say sorry for feeling something so amazing. Love is the closest thing we have to magic." He whispered, leaning in. Our lips were just about to meet when the door opened again.

"Guys!" Penelope said, "Whoa. Nevermind." She closed the door as fast as it was opened. We both starting laughing and I leaned in and kissed his cheek.

The door opened again and Derek yelled "Come on love birds! We got something." He stood ay the door and Spencer and I ran for the door.

"Clarity, go get changed and we are going to office. Hotch has some important for us." J.J. said, gathering the files she brought over. "Spencer, you go ahead. We'll be there soon." She continued.

Penelope hugged me "See you soon." She said. Her and Derek left quickly, ready to get the info.

"I'll be ok, Spence. I promise." I said, handing his shoulder bag, and walking him to the door.

He grabbed my hip and pulled me to him, bringing his lips to mine. "Be safe."