Chapter 12 - Daddy's Girl

I woke up un a warm room. My body was aching all over, like I had been hit by a mac truck. I couldn't tell where I was, only that it was dark. I tried to look at my watch, but it was no use. It was to dark to even make out my hand two inches in front of my face.

A few minutes later, someone opened the door. It was Holly. She flipped a switch and the light cams on to reveal a very elaborately decorated room. I was sitting on a queen sized bed with maroon and cream bedding.

She smiled as she walked over to the bed and placed a tray of breakfast with a single white rose in front of me. "Eat up. You have a long day ahead of you." She smiled, sitting beside me and grabbed the remote to the tv.

I looked at the food that was placed in front of me. Blueberry pancakes, sausage, bacon, and orange juice. "Did you make this?" I asked, worried it was either poisoned or drugged.

"No, he did. It's your favorite. Eat." She handed me the fork and knife that was neatly wrapped in a blue cloth. It looked just like the ones that were used at the dinner. "Eat!" She shouted at me.

I yanked the silverware out of her hand and took it out of the cloth. I cut into the pancakes and started to eat. It actually was pretty good. "What does He want with me anyways?" I questioned, chugging the orange juice.

"He put his reputation on the line with he defended Christian, all Barry wants is some good press. Ever since he lost that case and Christian went to prison, he hasn't be put on as many cases. He just wants to be known as a good guy, not someone who tried to cover up ten murders." Holly went on; flipping through the channels.

"What do you have to do with this then? Why get wrapped up with him?" I asked.

"Why not? He is my dad. I'd do anything for Daddy." She turned, smiling at me.

I was appalled. "When me? Doesn't he know that if he goes around killing people that I know, it could tracked back to him?" I tried to reason with her. Some on knocked at the door, which made me jump.

"How are you going, Ms. Jones?" Barry Miller asked me. He walked over to my side of the bed and examined the gash in my forehead. "You are going to need stitches." He said. He appointed his attention to Holly, "Are you ready, sweetheart?" He asked.

She smiled "Yes, Daddy." She got off of the bed and went to what looked like a wardrobe, but when she opened it, it didn't hold clothes. From what I could actually see, it held torture tools. "Which one?" She asked, looking back at her dad.

"You pick. I don't care" He smiled. She nodded and turned back to the wardrobe, taking out what looked like a horse whip, but instead of the whip it had strips of five inch strands of leather, and a two by four plank of wood. She walked over to her dad and handed them to him. He looked at her choice an smiled, then hit her with the whip.

"What are you doing?" I screamed at him. I ran to her side and looked at the fresh cuts on her chest. The leather had cut through her shirt and cut little strips on her breast. "You'd hurt your own daughter to save your name? That's pathetic." I spat.

He raised the whip and it made a connection to my cheek. I reached for my face but he came down again and hit my hand, "Don't you tell me what is and isn't pathetic. You're the one who ran away from home, leaving your mother behind and helpless. That is pathetic." He said, bringing down the whip on my shoulder, hitting Holly as well.

"Here is what he is going to do." Holly said, sitting up, "he is going to beat both of us and then he is going to take us to the police. He will be known as a hero and his name will be good again." She smiled.

I looked at her in shock,  "Why would you let him beat you and hurt you like that? And what makes you think I'm not going to go straight to them and tell them it was you who did this to us? You must not of thought that far ahead, like always." I said.

He looked at me but didn't say anything,  he just smiled. He walked over to the bed, grabbing the remote and changing the channel to 616. It must be a specific channel to him because the channel was not on the guide or cable program. What shown on those fifty-two inches was something I wouldn't even want to see in my nightmares. "Mom." Was the only word that left mt lips.

"Yes, Dear Mommy is home with no one looking out for her." He sang. "She will stay that way, safe and sound, as long as you comply with my every demand."

"There are police outside her house. They will know if anyone enters that house that doesn't belong there." I said, calling his bluff.

"Oh, is that so?" He asked smiling. He pulled out his phone and made a phone call. "This is Barry, I was wondering how Ms. Jones was doing? Yes, I do think you should make a visit." There was a pause in the conversation and his eyes never left mine. "No, just make a point." Was all he sais before he hung up and put the phine back in his pocket.

He walked back over to me and yanked me to my feet, holding my hands behind my back and pulling out a pair of zip tie hand cuffs from his pocket and cuffing me to the end of head of the bed. I could only imagine how man times he did this to other people.

A few minutes of silence passed and there was something going on in the house. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what was about to happen. Barry hit my stomach with the whip and yelled "Keep your damn eyes open!"

When I didn't, he hit my stomach with the plank and I felt something crack. "Keep them open!" He yelled. Scared I would be punished again, I opened my eyes. He brought the whip down on my back a few times, "That is for me having to tell you more than once. Do you understand?" He asked.

I spat the blood that filled my mouth on the bed and looked at him. "Yes." I said.

He hit me again with the plank, this time on the arm, and said "Yes, what?"

"Yes, sir." I said through gritting teeth.

He leaned forward and caressed my face, smiling. "Good girl." He said. He turned to face Holly, who was sitting on the floor, watching him with awe. "Are you ready?" He asked her smiling.

She nodded and stood, smiling. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. When he stepped back, he drew the plank backwards and it came crashing into her side. I turned to face away as much as I could. I heard him make a few more hits and with every hit, I heard a crack.

I closed my eyes and cried quietly. This is what was about to happen to me, only worse. He took it easy on her because she was his blood, but thay wasn't true for me. I relaxed when I heard her take a deep breath and ask "May I take a break, sir?" I guess he allowed it because I felt something sink into the bed beside me.

He cut the tie and drug me to where Holly was laying just a few seconds ago. "On your knees." He growled. I did as he asked.

Before he hit me, I looked at the screen and saw a man in the living room with my mom. I whispered "I'm sorry, Mom." The next thing I felt was the wood connecting to my temple. Everything went black. I could tell I was unconscious, but I felt every blow to my body he made. By the time he was finished, I could feel the warm blood dripping from every wound.

Silently in my dreams, I begged for death to come for me. The only thing that did come was a vision of Nichole. She held me close and sang me a lullaby. "I miss you so much Nikki." I said, crying, sitting up and hugging her tight.

She hugged me tight. "I miss you too. But you have to wake up. Your family and friends need you so much right now." She cried with me. "Please wake up." I heard many different voices say.