Chapter 4 - Alone Time

Spencer had walked me to his car and given me his sweater. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt and I was wearing a tank top like shirt that the wind ripped right through.

"Where did this weather come from?" I asked rubbing my arms to stay warm as the car warmed up.

"The weather channel said it was supposed to get rather chilly around this time. But I didn't think it would be this fridge." He said, turning the heater up even more. "Is that better?" He asked turning the vent towards me and putting a hand in front of it to make sure it was blowing.

I giggled "Yes, Spencer. It's great. Thank you." I started to take off his sweater but he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Keep it. You need to stay warm. You can throw your body into shock if you start panicking and are cold." He informed me.

"Thanks again, Reid. You have been nothing but nice to me these thirteen months." I said as we pulled up in my driveway.

He smiled and turned off the car. He looked at me and the moon hit his eyes just right and I saw the brightest sparkle. I was awestruck and started to lean forward. I caught myself before I got to close and just smiled, mentally kicking myself for almost kissing Reid.

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead, for the millionth time that night and got out of the car, walk in to my side.

It seemed weird, but it was almost as good as a kiss on the lips. It seemed more special, more personal. Not everyone did that. I remember my mom kissing my forehead every night when she wohld tuck me in. It was a loving gesture that showed she cared. And I have a feeling Reid meant it the same way.

I jumped when Spencer opened my door and held out his hand, and smiled that trademark smile of his. "You're so cute." I said taking his hand. He helps me out of the car and tucks my arm under his and shut the door.

I opened my clutch and grabbed my keys but accidentally dropped them. Both Spencer and I reached down for them, hitting our head together. "Ouch. Are you ok." I asked, laughing and holding my head.

He laughed along, holding his head as well. "Yeah. I'm fine. Let's just feel you inside." He said, grabbing the keys from my hand and unlocking the door and push in it open. "After you, birthday girl." He said with a bow.

I curtseyied and walked in. Turning on a few lights. "Make yourself at home. My house is your house." I said walking to my room. "I'm going to change into some night clothes. I'll be right back." I went straight to my closet and got a tank top and matching capri pants. I threw my hair into a messy bun and kicked off my shoes and put some socks on.

"Alright. I'm gonna make some hot tea. Do you want some?" I asked walking back into the living room. Reid was to busy looking at all of my family pictures of me, my mother, and two brothers to even hear my question.

I walked over beside him and saw the picture he was admiring. It was one of me and my family at my college graduation. I was on my brothers shoulders, holding my diploma in the air. "It was one of the happiest days of my life." I noted.

"I can imagine. I was completely ecstatic when I finally graduated college." He smiled.

"How old were you when you got your first degree?" I questioned, suddenly very curious.

"Seventeen." He said, absence mindedly.

I snorted back a laugh. "You're kidding, right?" I stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"Not at all. I graduated high school at twelve and went straight to college to get my master's degree." He said, matter of factly.

"That's really cool, Spence. Oh, did you want some tea?" I asked again.

"Sure, I'd love some. Thank you." He said. He walked over the couch and grabbed the letter. "Do you have a dining room table or a desk I could work at. I'd like to look at a few things."

"No table or desk, but I have a breakfast bar in the kitchen, good lighting, and a fridge full of food. And I don't mean to brag, but I'm a pretty damn good cook." I giggled.

"Sounds great. I am kinda starving. I haven't eaten today." He said, grabbing his bag and walking to the kitchen. "Do you have WiFi, or any internet?" He pulled out his laptop and set it on the bar.

"Wifi password is 'Lucidity'." I got out my tea pot and filled it with water.

Reid pulls out his phone and called someone. "Hey, Garcia. Can you email the case files for anything that has Christian Bell's name on it. Yeah, we're good. Safe. Thank you."

"Penelope says get some sleep. And I think she's right. You probably should get some sleep. I need you on full alert. If it's ok, I'll crash on the couch." He said, open in his laptop and then looking back up at me.

"One, you're not sleep in on the couch. I have a spare bedroom. Bed is fully made and ready to be slept in. And two, I thought you were hungry." I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow.

He put his hands up in defeat. "Ok, you got me there. What can you cook?" He asked.

I laughed "What can't I cook. Do you like breakfast for dinner?" I smirked.

"Of course." Was all he said before going back to work.

I took out everything necessary to make a good breakfast: eggs, milk, bread, and sausage. I went to work making scrambled eggs, toast, chocolate milk and fried sausage. From time to time I heard a large intake of breath and a small moan. I plated the food and places it in front of him, "Breakfast is served my love."

He took a large bit of eggs and closed his eyes and moan in pure pleasure "Marry me?" He asked grabbing my hand. "Or at least move in with me and make me food everyday. I would never miss a meal again." He gushed and starting eating again.

"Slow down, you'll get hiccups." But it was to late. He started to hiccup and I nearly died laughing. "I hate to say it but."

"Don't you dare." He said through hiccups.

"To late." I said, trying to hold back laughs. "But, I am going to do as I was requested and go to sleep. Good night." I said, coming around the counter and hugging him tightly.

"Good night, Princess." He said, yet again, kissing my forehead.

I smiled on the inside and out and walked to my bedroom, leaving the door open. I crawled into bed. I fell asleep very fast and was able to sleep peacefully, knowing Spencer was only a yell away.