Chapter 14 - Remember Me

"You have a serious case of traumatic amnesia. With the trauma you have to the head, I'm very surprised you are even talking." The doctor informed me. "You also have four broken ribs, which is why you couldn't breathe so well. One of the broken ribs came very close to puncturing your right lung." He said, pointing to the x ray.

"Will I get my memory back?" I asked, not worried about my body and the bad condition it was in.

"There is a fifty two percent chance you will." He said, trying to reassure me.

"But there is always that fourty eight percent that I won't." I came back at him.

"Yes, there is always the chance that you won't. I have found that if you surround yourself with people you knew, friends, and family, it comes back much faster and much more clear." He said. "Try to put yourself back into a routine. You also might have someone who has been with you a lot in the past few months to stay with you. Someone who would know your routine for you and help you get back into the swing of things." He continued.

"How will I know if I even do get my memory back?" I asked him.

He smiled and met my eyes, "When you get it back, you'll know. It might be painful because what you went through, but like I said, surround yourself with supporters and it will be easier." He looked at my chart and looked back up at me. "I am going to have you stay just one more night and release you to go home tonight after lunch. I want to just double check you can handle being without the constant care or someone checking up on you every fifteen minutes." He laughed.

There was a knock at the door and it opened, the black man who was comforting the guy who saved me peeked inside, "May I come in?" He asked.

The doctor stood up and touched my leg "Try and remember. But don't hurt yourself in the process." He gave me a big smile and then left the room. He said something to the guy and disappeared.

"Hey Baby Girl." He said, pulling a bouquet of white roses from behind his back. He handed them to me and kissed my forehead. "My name is Derek Morgan. I work with you." He said, sitting beside me on the edge of the bed.

"Where do we work?" I asked, trying so hard to remember.

"We work for the Behavior Analysis Unit with the FBI in Quantico, Virginia. You have worked there for a year and a few months, before you went missing." He didn't meet my eyes when he mentioned the last part.

"How long was I missing? It couldn't of been very long. A few days, right?" I asked, hopeful.

He shook his head. "You were missing for almost two weeks. Eleven days to be exact." He said, still not meeting my eyes.

I couldn't believe what he had just said. "Where you looking for me all that time?" I asked.

That is when he looked back at me. "Of course we were. Reid was foing crazy trying to think of where you could be. We searched everywhere here in Edmond. No one could find you, until we got the horrible idea you could be dead. We check all the places where bodies where buried from a case that had to do with you a few years ago. The first place was that bridge. When Reid saw you on the ledge, he jumped out the the SUV and ran faster then I have ever seen him run before."

"So the guy who saved me, his name is Reid?" I asked, at least I knew his name now.

He smiled and nodded. "SSA Dr. Spencer Reid. Also know as Pretty Boy, and also your significant other as of the eleven days ago."

"That's when I went missing. You're telling me I went missing the day we became a couple?" I asked, getting more confused.

"Calm down Baby Girl. It's ok." He said trying to calm me down.