Chapter 2 - Happy Birthday

J.J. was very quiet on the way to where ever it was she was taking me to. "So, where are we even going? If I may ask?" I said, finally breaking the silence after ten minutes of nothing but white noise on the radio.

"Are you always this impatient, or is this a recently developed feature?" She said, nudging me. We both laughed and she finally pulled into a cute little business that looked like a bar. It was rather full but J.J. found a parking spot with ease.

"I don't know if I should trust you." I said, looking forward at the doors as more and more people pulled into the small, but not tiny, building.

"Are you serious? You trust me to have your back when we are taking down a serial killer, but not when it comes to a little surprise, you clam up?" She laughed and I laughed along, knowing I was being foolish.

I opened the door and walked to the front of the SUV. J.J. walked up beside me and linked her arm with mine. I looked back at the door and saw Penelope and waved. "Hey Penny G." I laughed and she walked toward us and linked arms with me as well.

"Hello yourself! Screw being a profiler, will you be my wardrobe shopper? You look fabulous!" She gushed.

"Thanks Pen but I think the team needs me." I laughed. She let go of my arm and held the door open for me and J.J. as we walked in.

It was so loud when we walked I almost didnt even realize that the song playing was a song that I use to listen to all the time. It use to put me to sleep and was the only thing that I listened to when I was stressed out, or havinga bad day. "Silent Lucidity" by Queensryche. I nearly started crying when I realized it. "Happy birthday Calrity!" everyone yelled and I was swestruck.

"Happy what? Oh my God! How could I forget my own birthday!" I was surprised at myself and laughed. "J.J., whose idea was this?" I asked turning around and hugging her.

Penelope raised her hand and laughed. "I did a little digging and found out today was your birthday and that this song was the most played on your playlist. I hope you're not mad." She pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and hugged her back, "Of course not! We might have to have a talk about personal information but I love this. Truth is, this is my first birthday party."

Derek, Rossi, and Hotch all came over and wished me a happy birthday "You may be a another year oloder but you are still the baby of the group." Derek said wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me onto the dance floor. He pulled me close and I laid my head onto his chest. "J.J. told me about your little crush on someone in the BAU." He whispered into my ear and kissed my head.

"Oh no." I thought and pulled away, but was stopped when he pulle me back to him.

He laughed "I know it's not me Baby girl. I know it's Pretty Boy." I closed my eyes and felt my skin get hotter and hotter. "I can put in a good word for you if you want me to." He contuined.

"Please, Derek, no. I don't want him knowing. I don't want it to interfer with work and the cases. The last thing I want is to ruin what we have as friends. Do I like him? Yes, but I don't even think he feels the same way. Just leave it alone."

"May I cut in?" Reid said from behind me, making me jump into Derek's chest. Derek smiled and put my hand in Reid's, "But of course." He kissed my cheek and whispered in ear, "You think he doesn't?" and walked away.

Spencer put his hand on my waist and smiled at me ""Shall we dance?" He asked. I smiled and stepped closed, closing the gap between us. "You know, dance originated from Ballet which was originated from Italian Renaissance courts of the 15th century. Noblemen and women had very lavish events, which they played music and danced on a very elaborate scale."

"How did you get so smart?" I giggled as I laid my head onto his shoulder. His smarts were so very attractive and make him much more fun to talk to. He was always full of information on random things.

"Well I do have two BAs, three PhDs, and have the IQ of 187." He said, blushing after the fact.

I smiled and was almost put to sleep by the end of my favorite song from my childhood, "Photograph" by Nickelback, but was rushed awake when Spencer and I were rudely bumped into. I had fallen into his arms and he looked at the guy who that bumpe into us. "Excuse me, but I do believe you own the young lady and apology." He said, stepped in front of me.

"I told you I was coming, Clarity." the man said. He had this look in his eye and I remember the letter that was on my doorstep and froze. He walked away and disappeared through the door.

"You ok, Clar?" Reid asked, holding my arm to steady me. I hadn't realized I was falling backwards.

"I need to show you something." I said, grabbing him hand and running over to the group and grabbing my clutch. Still holding his hand, I pulled him outside to his car. I opened it and pulled out the letter, handing it to him. "This was left on my doorstep about ten minutes before J.J. picked me up.

He took it and read it in two seconds flat. "You need to show Hotch. Wait," he reread the letter and looked back up at me "that guy said the same thing to you. You think he could be the UnSub?"

I shrugged my shoulders and pulled my heart in my hands. "Not again. I moved to here to get rid of this stuff and now its allowing allowing again. I can do this again!" I yelled at him in a panic.

"Shh. Shh, its ok, Clarity. He can't hurt you. I won't let him." Spencer said, pulling me into his chest and holding me. He kissed my head and played with my hair until I was finally able to calm down enough to stand by myself.

"Go tell Hotch. That's not a suggestion. It's on order." He command. I nodded and he grabbed my hand, lacing his fingers in mine. "You won't be alone in this. I promise."